Republic of Doyle

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Airing in Canada on CBC and in the UK on Alibi, Republic of Doyle is a comedy drama series about a father and son (Jake and Malachy Doyle) who run their own private detective business. The first season aired earlier this year on CBC, and is currently halfway through on Alibi.

I'm enjoying Republic of Doyle at the moment. The exterior locations (shot on location in St. John's, Newfoundland, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada) are lovely, lots of painted timber panelled houses and harbour shots.

The actor who plays Jake Doyle is one of the show's creators and producers. The actor who plays his father Malachy I'm sure I've seen in something else, but can't remember where. The actress who plays the detective and Jake's contact in the police force, looks the spitting image of actress Chloe Sevigny.

In the most recent new episode shown on Alibi ("Blood is Thicker Than Blood", premiered last Wednesday) Shaun Doyle (who I remember from the beginning of 24's fourth season) and Sebastian Spence (who guest starred in the X Files episode "Home") guest starred.

Note: The source of the filming locations info above is the main IMDb page for Republic of Doyle.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may well have seen an episode of this. I definitely recall something from your description of the show. I think the plot involved a young lady who was trying to find her unknown biological father but beyond that I don't recall much else. My memory is alike a sieve at the best of times. That said I best I can hazard as a guess as to where you recall the father from. I just looked up who plays him and it is none other than Irish actor, Seán McGinley. I recall him from a number of things but certainly remember seeing him in "George Gently" maybe you remember him from that too Richard.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

The episode shown the Wednesday before last (1st December) featured guest star Nicholas Campbell. Now I couldn't picture his face when I saw his name in the guest star credits, but it was familiar. When he appeared later on in the episode I knew where I'd seen and/or read about him before...he played the lead in Da Vinci's Inquest and Da Vinci's City Hall.

• 2 weeks later...