Favorite Movie Scenes

Earthnut

While in another thread, I wanted to post a scene from a musical, but it really didn't fit the thread, so I had this idea. Instead of making this just a music thread, I thought our favorite scenes from movies would be fun, which would include any category, not just music videos or horror. We all have scenes we love, which includes scenes from a romance, drama, action, comedy, etc.

This isn't my all-time favorite scene, but this Leslie Ann Warren song, "Chicago, IL," from "Victor/Victoria," is definitely in my top 10. She did an absolutely fantastic and hysterical job i this movie, and I never tire from watching her sing this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J8gf9OFTRY

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to post my favorite kiss scene. It's from "Somewhere In Time."

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

a well made movie Darlene with many great scenes!

One of my all time favorite, not only driven by the late great Steve McQueen but his very own custom Mustang fastback [ I believe he had to remove the iconic horse logo from the grill for the movie]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMc2RdFuOxI

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Wow, so many movies so many scenes. Where to begin. I posted this at Facebook recently because it is hands down the funniest line ever uttered in a movie and oddly enough it comes from a movie that also stars Leslie Ann Warren and she fabulous in it also. This is the rather wonderful, and very much missed, Madeline Kahn confessing to a murder in the movie Clue but what makes it so superb is the fact that she literally ad libbed the lines which is why the other actors appear so astounded and are fighting to keep a straight face. The fact that she could adlib something so quirky and so funny is a true testament to her talent.

Take it away Madeline.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest WaveCrest

Randee, you posting the famous car chase scene from Bullitt reminded me of a film quiz night I went to last year. In one round they played the car chase scene from Bullitt, but unfortunately the clip kept freezing and stuttering, until it finally gave up and froze. You had to watch the clip and make notes of details in the clip, and were asked questions about the clip after it was shown. The majority of the questions were covered in what we did see up to the point of the clip completely freezing. But it was just so funny. :laugh:

I love Bullitt. They don't make actors like Steve anymore do they? I saw Papillon the other day - superb stuff.

Now how about this for an iconic moment? I mean, do they come any more memorable than this?

I do apologise for the rubbish quality of the video folks but it was all I could find on Youtube.

Eth

josew.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

One of my favourite Bond films is the 1971 movie Diamonds Are Forever, which saw Sir Sean Connery return (briefly) to the role of James Bond. Two of the most memorable henchmen were (in my opinion) Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd. Below is one of their quotes from the movie, from the scene where they switch diamonds at a meet-up point after bumping off a dentist with a scorpion:

Mr. Kidd: "If God had wanted Man to fly..."

Mr. Wint: "...he would have given him wings Mr. Kidd".

That's a great share Model. There's nothing like an epic battle to get the juices flowing. I have picked a battle for a share of my own and it's the rebel assault on the second Death Star from Return of The Jedi. I think this has defined 'dog fights in space' ever since it was first created and I can't think of an example that betters it and to think it was created without the luxury of CGI. Remarkable.

Eth

josew.gif