A Room With No View

Rate this topic

Guest Xircuits

I was originally composed by Paul Mauriat, a french orchestra leader, specializing in light music. It was published in 1968 as "L'Amour est bleu" and played by his orchestra. It was originally recorded by Andree Popp in the US, becoming a number one hit. The french lyrics for the song were written by Pierre Cour. The english lyrics were written by Brian Blackburn. Frank Sinatra later performed and recored a vocal version of the song, which I have posted bellow from Sing365.com

I think that one of the versions of the lyrics puts has "love" in place of "world." I think you can see from the lyrics that Lucy is making loose reference to the lyrics during one of her "loving" conversations with Landon Bryce, while he is in captivity.

When I first saw this episode, I remembered this song from when I was a kid. It blew me away, the way the song was used in this episode. It has forever since been associated with MLM and Lucy Butler in my psyche. Using that song in this way is the perfection of creep in my opinion. There are several other songs that are now forever associated with MLM in my mind, but this one is the most unforgettible, and greatest impact. "Close to You" in Beware the Dog has a similar impact, and is a close second. These songs have particular impart through MLM for those of us in my generation who remember these song in the 60s or 70s. To hear them used in MLM in this way was truly fantastic to me, and had a deep emotional impact when they were juxaposed with each of their MLM stories.

Blue, blue, my world is blue

Blue is my world since I'm without you

Gray, gray, my life is gray

Cold is my heart since you went away

Red, red, my eyes are red

Crying for you alone in my bed

Green, green, my jealous heart

I doubted you and now we're apart

CHORUS:

When we met how the bright sun shone

Then love died, now the rainbow is gone

Black, black, the nights I've known

Longing for you so lost and alone

Gone, gone, the love we knew

Blue is my world since I'm without you.

Repeat CHORUS

Black, black, the nights I've known

Longing for you so lost and alone

Blue, blue, my world is blue

Blue is my world since I'm without you

Guest Nemo Utopian
I wonder what the connection was with Frank Black and his sunglasses in this episode. He was wearing them in Landon's room. I don't know if this has ever been mentioned before.

I need some help understanding this episode. Who was the lady that went missing in 1911? Was that Lucy Butler? So she made a pact with the devil and now she can live forever and try to teach being "ordinary" to unique young individuals? What's with the numbers? So I guess she once kidnapped the counselor too...or they have both been working together.

Well I understand one thing. I know why kids call teachers aliens. :grin:

My counselor said the same thing to me when I tried applying for NYU. She said that I will never make it into that university. Now I regret applying because I never knew if I was the small percentage that would have gotten in not by their SAT scores, but because of something else.

i think the photo from 1911 was a way of hinting how long that lucy had ben active i.e. longer thenher apearance would indicate.