Millennium Alumnus on Lie To Me

Rate this topic

Guest arcanamundi

I really liked "Lie to me"  One of the best shows in ages.  I also was interested in the subject of microexpressions.   Then they canceled it. What is it with the 3 season curse?

I saw Legend of 1900  Oh loved  it!  After  seeing Roth on Lie to me, I went hunting his work down. He did lots of good stuff.  No I've not seen reservoir dogs, don't want to. Followed Roth on Twitter a little while.  He can be an asshat.   But he's a great actor, brings his whole self to his work.

And now for the $64,000 question ~

Was it actually Tim Roth posting on Twitter?

Yes, he's an exceptional actor, and Legend of 1900, to me, was one of his best.

Lie To Me was a very good show and should still be on the air.  It is amazing how many shows are cancelled after 3 seasons.

Yes it was Roth.  His  account was TRHooligan1.  He's long since deleted it. Definitely Roth.  He's a really rabid atheist,  as hateful about  religion as christians are about muslims.  ;)    He is definitely not kind to those who may not  follow his ran-dom topics he want's people to discuss.  If you fawn over him he likes that though. Who wouldn't?    He got pissed off, about the usual crap that happens in social media, infighting,  drama.  So he stopped doing it all. BUt yeah it was him. He'd post his selfies of  him on a plane,  his corona beer, his pugs, his pants,  odd things. I liked his work.   But, he's definitely not without a bit of an ego or maybe a chip on his shoulder.   Then again,  He's done work on some sensitive subjects that I think is awesome, and  he seems to really be kind to kids he works with, and he fights for some good causes.  SO he's human, that's all.

Sounds like he's definitely into self.  But, the bigger the ego they have, the harder they fall.  God will grab him someday, if the Lord hasn't already.  What Tim's final decision will be is something we may never know.  Between him and God.

But his acting, superb!  No doubt about it.

He's a good actor. He was secually abused as a child.  Perhaps his  atheism and his  anger issues stem from that.  Who knows?  

I did love this movie.  The legend of 1900.  He's a good actor.  Love him or hate him on social media, he's a good actor ;) 

The legend of 1900

Acting is all I personally care about.  I'm one that's not a bit interested in celebrities and their personal lives.  Guess growing up out in Los Angeles and working with so many dysfunctional attitudes, burned me out.  Now the one thing I do click on is to see what they are wearing.  Typical woman.

Great idea to post the movie Seesthru.  Just hope everyone is able to play it.  Libby has stated that the UK sometimes has a hard time opening our YouTube videos.  Not sure about any other countries.

I care in that if I   am going to spend my money, I'd not want that money to support things I am opposed to. For instance, I don't REALLY want to support scientology.  I tend to not put money into actors or projects affiliated with it. I also don't support certain radical political groups, and if they have an actor who supports them, I  again, don't put my money into that. I really prefer not to know  about actors, because once you find out they are an ass or are opposed to everything you  are for?  Kind of sours he experience.   I much prefer those that keep their beliefs and politics  to themselves, or who may share their beliefs but respect other  peoples' rights to different beliefs.   

And yeah I am so human.  If someone shares my beliefs or views? I pay more attention to their work.

On 11/11/2015, 4:22:04, seesthru said:

I care in that if I   am going to spend my money, I'd not want that money to support things I am opposed to. For instance, I don't REALLY want to support scientology.  I tend to not put money into actors or projects affiliated with it. I also don't support certain radical political groups, and if they have an actor who supports them, I  again, don't put my money into that. I really prefer not to know  about actors, because once you find out they are an ass or are opposed to everything you  are for?  Kind of sours he experience.   I much prefer those that keep their beliefs and politics  to themselves, or who may share their beliefs but respect other  peoples' rights to different beliefs.   

And yeah I am so human.  If someone shares my beliefs or views? I pay more attention to their work.

Totally agree about paying more attention to someone's work and have nothing to do with their private life.

There are times though that I lose a lot of respect for an actor because of a role they play.  One example, Matt Damon and Michael Douglas' sex scene in Behind the Candelabra (2013).  They call it acting, but watching it was disgusting.

I think it takes a lot of bravery to do something like that and put yourself out there like they did in Behind the Candelabra (a very clever movie that I enjoyed). They're not actually having sex, in fact in sex scenes the genital regions are always covered, and it was a truthful portrayal of their trouble relationship.

I'm not into sex scenes at all.   Gay straight,  whatever.  I'm just not into them.   One reason I liked Millennium is because the sex was usually implied, and of any acts were done, there of course was no real nudity and the scenes were there only when necessary and  not the end all be all of the shot.   I think the longest one they showed was the lucy butler/ Frank one.  in Antipas. It wasn't  sexy per se.   Not sexy when your partner turns into a demon! LOL

Anyway, I prefer millennium style viewing, where the characters are important and their sex lives are not the main focus.

I never saw Candelabra The lives of the rich and shameless never interested me. I'm not singling out Liberace when I say that.  All the rich and shameless.  DOn't care who's sleeping with who, who married who, or who changed their gender. I'd rather not know! ;)