Millennium Alumnus on Lie To Me

Rate this topic

Guest arcanamundi

Guest Sidewinder

I've also seen John Pyper-Ferguson (Ben Fisher) turn up in a few things such as Caprica and Bones. He certainly has the 'Middendorf effect'.

Eth

Absolutly! Saw him recently in Lost, CSI, Criminal Minds, Flashpoint, Bones and Lie to Me. Oh and we saw Drive on a movie-event with friends. Pyper-Ferguson vs. Mark Dacascos.

I'd forgotten he was in Lost (as was Tracy Middendorf, no surprise there I guess)he played the Oceanic delivery man didn't he. Bit of a blink and you'll miss it part if I recall rightly. CCH Pounder is another who springs up in not just TV but film fairly regularly. She had a decent run in 'Warehouse 13' not too long ago then I spotted her in 'Orphan' and then I was told she had a part in 'Avatar' and then I turned on 'Law and Order: SVU' and there she was.......Andrews may be dead but CCH goes from strength to strength. She doesn't quite have the Middenforf-factor yet but she's getting there. See if you can spot Hiro Kanagawa (four roles in Millennium) as he is in everything. I think it's mandatory to have him in your show or maybe it's good luck. I've seen him in Outer Limits, Fringe, The Lone Gunmen, Da Vinci's Inquest, Smallville , Stargate, The Entrance (with Sarah-Jane Redmond as he was in Da Vinci's Inquest), Supernatural and on and on and on. Maybe we should rename it the Kanagawa-effect. :)

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Let's see... I saw Middendorf this year in Navy CIS, The Mentalist, Bones, CSI and Special Victims Unit. And while looking on her vita that's not all she did this year.

Regarding CCH: good to see she gets new jobs after The Shield ended. She -as everyone else there- was great in that show.

Another guy with the Middendorf-effect is Nick Chinlund. He was on CSI (twice), House, Mentalist, CSI: NY (third CSI-role), Castle, Navy CIS, 24, ER within two years. Plus some movies and other shows.

:bigsmile: This starts to be a "People you can see everywhere on TV"-topic. Or the "Middendorf-effect"-topic. :biggrin:

Yes, The Shield, damn good TV...I never thought it would go so dark in the final season...or even it would go down like it did when the Strike Team was in fun action in the first season. Did you know CCH Pounder's role was written as male and her agent (or Pounder) asked why couldn't it be a woman. They didn't change the dialog.

That's fascinating news. I never knew that. I guess it goes some way to prove what I've always thought, that TV dialogue can, for the most part, be read by either gender. Very few male writers get a female voice right. I think it was Kay Reindl who commented on women written by men sounding like women men would want to be with rather than real and fully developed female characters.

Eth

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of people that are all over the places, Raphael Sbarge. I noticed him in Burn Notice and Dexter and I don't know how many TV shows in recent years. I really like his work, he was on The Guardian with Simon Baker and then I see him as well on Mentalist. You may not remember his name but I believe he has the Middendorf effect ;)

Guest Sidewinder

Oh that's true for sure! I realised him the first time on Voyager where he played a recuring role in the first season. After that I started finding him in almost every television show like CSI, 24 (various eps), NCIS, Bones and the already mentioned Mentalist and Burn Notice. And many more, I don't even checked IMDB. He isn't an actor I stareted to like in the way of being glad every time I get to see him again but he always delivers a really good job. A fine actor. I think there is a reason that actors like him or Tracy Middendorf get so many jobs. There is talent. It's just a shame that they -for whatever reason- didn't get the opportunity to show that on a bigger part (leading role, movie).

Ph Rapjael Sbarge. How right you are. Is it me or does his name always resemble a typo?

I first paid attention to him in Voyager, as Sidenwinder states, when he played Michael Jonas. He then turned up in the X-Files inspired "Dark Skies" and then onwards to just about every show I watched. Evidently he wasn't in 'every' show but when you spot a face that keeps recurring you notice it more.

Alan Dale is another who seems to have been in everything I choose to watch from X-Files, Lost, Neighbours, Burn Notice, Torchwood, Ugly Betty and on and on. I have to say I find him an irritant or, more accurately, the use of him as he is frequently cast as British. If you want a British accent hire a British actor. I wasn't aware there was such a lack of them that it was necessary to import Ausies to do the the job. :whistling:

Eth

• 4 years later...

I really liked "Lie to me"  One of the best shows in ages.  I also was interested in the subject of microexpressions.   Then they canceled it. What is it with the 3 season curse?

I saw Legend of 1900  Oh loved  it!  After  seeing Roth on Lie to me, I went hunting his work down. He did lots of good stuff.  No I've not seen reservoir dogs, don't want to. Followed Roth on Twitter a little while.  He can be an asshat.   But he's a great actor, brings his whole self to his work.