The Indiana Jones films

Guest WaveCrest

I rewatched 'Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull' as all this chatter got me wanting to cast my gaze over it one more time and I have to say it but I disliked it more on a rewatch than I did the first time around. The ending is utter tosh in my opinion. We'd seen it all before in X-FIles: Fight The Future and that's precisely where this sort of storyline should have been left. And don't get me started on the CGI, the nuclear proof fridge, Welsey Crusher *wink* and a number of other things.

I hope there's a drastic return to form in the next film.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WaveCrest

I've got this nuclear-proof fridge stuck in my mind ever since reading about it. Caught a glimpse of the film yesterday in a BBC advert for this Christmas's films on the BBC channels.

A different sub-topic - Indy's women in the films. Who was your favourite? I thought Karen Allen was very good in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Tough lady, and the drinking scene in the bar is one of the many memorable scenes.

I think its hard to compare the womens role since the scripts were so different. However I did enjoy the gritty role and performance by karen allen;it was my fave. Kate Capshaw's role was annoying to the max. Alison Doody's role going from sweet and charming to total evil was well played but i would have perfered her to good not evil. :pumpkin4:

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Guest WaveCrest

I think its hard to compare the womens role since the scripts were so different. However I did enjoy the gritty role and performance by karen allen;it was my fave. Kate Capshaw's role was annoying to the max. Alison Doody's role going from sweet and charming to total evil was well played but i would have perfered her to good not evil. :pumpkin4:

Randee, I wasn't asking people to compare the roles of the women. Just your favourite Indy actresses and Indiand Jones actresses' performances. :smile:

I quite liked Willie. She was exactly what she was supposed to be which was the complete opposite of the slightly tomboyish and very capable Marion Ravenwood. If you take a glamorous lounge singer and stick in her midst of a million bugs there will be some whining I guess. She did have some great lines when all is said and done.

Elsa Schneider was a fairly forgettable lead character so I won't say too much about her so I will have to go with Marion Ravenwood as my overall choice. She stole my heart by drinking the blokes 'under the table' and for being some damn gutsy and it doesn't hurt that Karen Allen is gorgeous either I guess. :whistling:

Eth

josew.gif

Guest CrowMagnumMan

I'm a big fan. Might be my favorite trilogy ever, and Raiders might be my favorite movie ever. But I hate to commit. Was into the whole IndyGear scene for a while. I despised Indy 4. It was probably the most disappointing moment of my entire life.

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

Not derogratory in any way, they just worked hard at not being my friends. The irony was, that when the :censored: hit the fan, I would have been on their side otherwise. But this was all a long time ago, in another BBS.

Always nice to have another Indyfan.

I'm really curious, what's a NIM? I'm guessing it's a term from the lexicon of Indiana Jones Fandom right?

Now this might be controversial but I'm firmly of the opinion that they should not have brought Marion back and certainly not have married them at the end of the film. I know it was a fan-pleaser and the character is, admittedly, great but they just didn't do her justice in 'Skull' and was lacking some of the edge she had in the first film. Bringing back beloved characters in that way is always tricky and not always successful and I think was a example of the latter to be frank. I wonder what you guys think?

Eth

josew.gif