Tron: Legacy

Earthnut

My kids and I were big fans of the first movie, and we plan on going to see this sequel. My daughter and her husband will be in town for Christmas, and this will be a family outing. We all so look forward to seeing this movie.

Here's the trailer from the first movie.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I know they have upgraded the look of the new film has computer technology is so much more advanced than it was and a computer generated landscape would look much cleaner and sharper but I still love the look of the first film with a passion. How original was that film?

Can't wait to hear the first reviews of the film when you guys have seen it.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest WaveCrest

Was Tron a hit on it's initial release in UK and US cinemas? I have to admit I have never seen Tron (only bits of it). It had a pretty good cast - Jeff Bridges (who had already been in a few movies since the early to mid 70's, including The Last Picture Show and Thunderbolt and Lightfoot), David Warner (who had previously starred in The Omen) and Bruce Boxleitner (before he starred in the TV series Scarecrow and Mrs. King). Can't remember who played the female lead in the film, but will check on the IMDb.

EDIT: Checked Tron's main IMDb page and the lead actress was Cindy Morgan. Looked at her filmography and I remember that she appeared in Falcon Crest.

I don't know how Tron fared in the various regions respectively but it was a moderate success at the box office make $33 million in North America alone which is not bad considering it's $17 million budget overall. I believe reviews ranged from fair to positive with no one dismissing the film out right but I think the special effects became the thing most people concentrated on and they were raved about at the time.

Now those who attended the Skype Chat on Saturday will recall that we spoke about the question of whether CGI would one day replace actors altogether. Given that Jeff Bridges is seen in Tron Legacy as CGI'd younger version of himself this article picks up on that question and very enjoyable it is too. Have a look folks.

Eth

https://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2010/dec/06/jeff-bridges-tron-legacy

josew.gif

The thing to remember about the figures is it was back in 1982, quite awhile ago. It will be interesting to see what Tron: Legacy brings in, remembering how much more tickets are these days. I bet it does very well and copies of the original movie start selling again.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

The BBFC have added today a couple of listings for the original Tron in the Recent Decisions (DVD ande Blu-ray), so there must be a re-release on DVD and/or Blu-ray in the next few weeks.

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

I've had it on DVD for quite a few years now. But yeah, there's a blu-ray release in the works.

Guest WaveCrest

I've had it on DVD for quite a few years now. But yeah, there's a blu-ray release in the works.

And likely a UK release as well.

No doubt in my mind Tron is being re-released, with Tron: Legacy at the theatres. Money, money, money.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

I have the ultimate/collectors edition thingy (can't remember what it's called) and I wonder if there is anything new on the new release to make it worth my while? I'd be curious to see. I have started seeing some reviews of this at Facebook as a few people in the UK managed to get to press screenings. Our very own Baz made it and by all accounts he was blown away by the film which is just the best news as this sequel has been in the works and anticipated for a great many years. I can't wait to see it.

Now this is an absolutely fascinating article that I am sure you will enjoy. It's a fan talking about the ten things that bug them about the sequel. Not so much in terms of having seen it but in terms of what fills them with trepidation before they have. Take a look. I really enjoyed it.

https://www.latinoreview.com/news/tron-legacy-countdown-ten-things-surrounding-the-film-that-bug-me-11892

Eth

josew.gif