Jordan-Centric Episodes

Rate this topic

Guest arcanamundi

Guest arcanamundi

Question: what other episodes are 'Jordan-centric'? There's Omerta, but what others?

The recent return of Brittany Tiplady to the attention of the board - a welcome return, I might add - is prompting me to revisit the 'Jordan-centric' episodes, starting with Saturn Dreaming Of Mercury.

There are some excellent posts in the Season Three forum on this episode, which so puzzled me when I watched its original airing. I need to re-watch the entire third season, as it contains some good though extremely subtle drama, which I missed the first time or two around. I hated season 3 when it first aired, though I grudgingly conceded there were a few good episodes in it.

SDoM is one of them. It was a bit of a puzzler at first, but the comments here on TIWWA are very illuminating. Thank you all for sharing your insights.

Seeing Ms. Tiplady all grown up now really makes me feel that if Millennium ever did return to the big or small screen that not only Frank but Jordan too is essential to the story. The dynamic between these 2 characters in the exploration of their shared gift is utterly compelling, and I WISH these characters and Millenniuim would return to the screen in a new incarnation. Can I get an amen, brothers and sisters? praying_small.gif

I think if Jordon had been a bit older they could have had her more involved. I read an article that she said alot of her scenes in the first year was being asleep or going to bed. Also she was NOT allowed to see anything beyond her own scenes until she was much older due to the graphic nature of the show. :win44:

Definitely Borrowed Time. It's the most Jordan-centric of them all. The rest tend to be episodes that have more Jordan than is usual rather a narrative that is solely constructed around, or devoted to, her. You night want to try 'Midnight Of The Century'. It doesn't have a lot of Jordan but there is a sub-plot involving Jordan's developing gift and her connection to her Grandmother. Other than that I can't really think of a Jordan centric episode as such.

I do think that if the show as to be transferred to a movie then it would be wise to concentrate on Frank's relationship with his daughter rather than bring in another character to acts as a partner but I have a feeling that the latter is what is most likely to happen. Either that or there would be a 'Dakota Whitney' style character. If they run with the idea of Jordan having a gift as was established in the TV show then that might sully things a bit as it would make Frank far less of a unique lead for the movie. I guess they might have to play that down or jettison it altogether.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I do think that if the show as to be transferred to a movie then it would be wise to concentrate on Frank's relationship with his daughter rather than bring in another character to acts as a partner but I have a feeling that the latter is what is most likely to happen. Either that or there would be a 'Dakota Whitney' style character. If they run with the idea of Jordan having a gift as was established in the TV show then that might sully things a bit as it would make Frank far less of a unique lead for the movie. I guess they might have to play that down or jettison it altogether.

Eth

If a spin-off TV series had been or was made with Jordan as the central character, would that make Frank less unique as a lead in a possible film or TV movie?

Guest arcanamundi

If a spin-off TV series had been or was made with Jordan as the central character, would that make Frank less unique as a lead in a possible film or TV movie?

Yes! That's what I want to see: a spin-off TV series with Jordan as the central character -- as well as a feature film with Frank Black as the main character!

Guest WaveCrest

Yes! That's what I want to see: a spin-off TV series with Jordan as the central character -- as well as a feature film with Frank Black as the main character!

The best of both worlds. :thumbsup:

Have you seen the fan film Millennium Apocalypse?

Guest arcanamundi

The best of both worlds. :thumbsup:

Have you seen the fan film Millennium Apocalypse?

No... Yesterday I tried clicking on the TIWWA tv but couldn't access it for some reason. Is it found there? Is it any good?

And another thing struck me today - I was about to see if anyone on the board has commented on this: with the success of Terry O'Quinn and LOST, wouldn't FOX be very interested in resurrecting Millennium with him O'Quinn in it? I for one would enjoy a reconciliation between Frank and Peter...

Y'know, listening to these BTFB podcast interviews I am reminded that for some of the players it may be but a distant memory; for all I know, Terry O'Quinn has no interest whatsoever in reprising his role on Millennium, whether on the big or small screen...