Stuart Bliss (1998)

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Has anyone heard of a late 90's film called Stuart Bliss? I came across this film a few months ago whilst looking at the IMDb page for another film or for an actor/actress. It has an X Files vibe to it. Unfortunately it's not available on DVD. Tried to find a trailer on YouTube, even when there was one available to view by clicking on the highlighted Trailers and Videos link (no trailer on YouTube) via the film's main IMDb page.

Started watching the trailer, and what a surprise I got when I started watching the trailer - Millennium "Kingdom Come" guest star Michael Zelniker, who played the lead role of Stuart Bliss.

EDIT: The film is available on DVD (thanks to Walkabout for clarifying the matter).

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard of a late 90's film called Stuart Bliss? I came across this film a few months ago whilst looking at the IMDb page for another film or for an actor/actress. It has an X Files vibe to it. Unfortunately it's not available on DVD. Tried to find a trailer on YouTube, even when there was one available to view by clicking on the highlighted Trailers and Videos link (no trailer on YouTube) via the film's main IMDb page.

Started watching the trailer, and what a surprise I got when I started watching the trailer - Millennium "Kingdom Come" guest star Michael Zelniker, who played the lead role of Stuart Bliss.

its at Amazon.com . one version is region 1 but another says ntsc but all regions.

https://www.amazon.com/STUART-BLISS/dp/B001BXTOX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1291606213&sr=1-1

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

I've seen it folks and it is very enjoyable. If you like Donnie Darko or the work of David Lynch or even Millennium then this is one for you. Now I don't recall all the details but it's about a chap who sees, all around him, evidence pointing to the end of the world. I won't give anything away but the film keeps you guessing if the chap is simply delusional or if the things he sees around him are actually happening. The copy that I have actually says on the front cover 'X-Files on meth' so that gives you an indications of the paranoid/conspiracy dreamworld the movie operates within.

Well worth a look if you get the chance.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

I don't remember it, and after reading about it I sure want to see it. Thanks for pointing it out Richard. Here's the link to the trailer.

https://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi4203086105/

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

its at Amazon.com . one version is region 1 but another says ntsc but all regions.

Thanks Randee. :thumbsup: I've edited my post above.

Whilst we are here I'll change the subject only briefly simply because I dislike creating topics for the sake of it but if you guys like films in the paranoia/mystery/conspiracy vein (and I know you do) then you could do worse than to check out Brainstorm aka Cypher (2002). Not only is it a great film but it contains a huge nod to Ten Thirteen in one of its scenes but it's tagline is 'Trust No One'. You can definitely see the influence of Ten Thirteen on the screen.

BTW Does anyone know what Michael Zelniker is up to these days. I had a little look around and it doesn't look as though he has had a role since his work on The Dead Zone back in 2007. He's such a great actor and it's a shame if he's being underused.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

BTW Does anyone know what Michael Zelniker is up to these days. I had a little look around and it doesn't look as though he has had a role since his work on The Dead Zone back in 2007. He's such a great actor and it's a shame if he's being underused.

there doesn't seem to much information anywhere on the net; even a site for canadian actors. :pumpkin4:

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!