Children Of The X-Files (2009)

ethsnafu

What on earth (or 'off it' might be more appropriate) is this film. https://www.moviecityonline.com/children-of-the-x-files-collectors-edition/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=children-of-the-x-files-collectors-edition

I have to confess I had never heard of it so I went digging around and managed to find a synopsis for it and here goes....

A desperate housewife discovers she is the mother of an Alien species of mankind destined to survive the coming Apocalypse. Is the father of her Alien/Human hybrid twins an Alien, an Angel, or the Anti-Christ? Kendra dreams that she has had Alien twins abducted from her by an advanced species of Aliens. When her husband takes her to see a doctor, she is told she can't have children. She sees a hypnotherapist, Dr. Farrell, who uncovers lost memories of her abduction and impregnation. Kendra joins a UFO support group and visits Area 51 where she witnesses secret government tests of captured UFO's. Her husband has her committed to an Asylum where she escapes to be re-united with her Alien family. From the secret LAPD X-files, this story is ripped from the investigations of UFO researcher William L. McDonald.

...now surely you are with me in thinking this really can't be as bad as it sounds? Well, one would hope not and I managed to find a trailer as well.

Have any of you guys ever heard of this or even seen it?

Eth

My eyes. Oh my God, my eyes!

:suspect:

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

LOL i have never heard of this but it looks wonderful doesnt it? LOL ;) Academy award winning methinks. :)

Laura :)

• Elders (Admins)

Gosh. And all on a budget of $2,000,000. No wonder the special effects were so good.:whistling:

Either Fox doesn't have the rights to the words "The X-Files", or they've given up on chasing infringements.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

They do still retain the rights Libby because I recall them taking The Sex Files producers to court for using the franchise as a basis for an adult film and losing the case. I read that film and its sequel grossed more, worldwide, than XF2 which is no doubt why they wanted a slice of the pie. That said with this, Josean X-Files, the adult franchise and talk of an unofficial comic to be released focussing on the early years of Alex Krychek or X depending on what you hear, it does seem like folk are getting bolder and getting it away with it more. I'll say it again folks, everyone else can see the power of Brand XF, why they heck aren't Fox exploiting what is theirs rather then letting everyone else do it. That said, they're 20th Century Fox right. :rolleyes:

Maybe they have just taken their eye of the ball a little. :confused:

Eth

josew.gif

• Elders (Admins)

I might post over at the Haven about this. There have been some wonderful XF vids made by talented people, who have experienced the wrath of 20th even to the extent of their YouTube accounts being taken down. Yet for crappy and even sleazy productions they seem to be incapable. That's never made sense to me because the amateur vids are just about the very best advertising 20th could get.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Libby, you might find this of interest. From what I can gather it would seem the movie was made over a decade ago and was originally called 'Gemini Encounters'. Given that it was re-released in 2009 with an X-Files association I would say this was a rather cynical way of cashing in on the DVD release of XF:IWTB and maybe passing it off as an X-Files sequel of some kind just in case anyone was naive enough to fall for it. Here's the original IMDB page https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0156562/.

I completely agree with your thoughts. I heard of XF fans having cease and desists filed against them simply for making tribute videos and yet stunts like these are going unchallenged.

How very odd.

Eth

josew.gif

Haven't heard of it, and don't care to see it either. It honestly doesn't look at bit entertaining to me. Oh well, to each his/her own. :whistling:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

Never heard of it Mark, but the film's title reminded me of the Clive Owen film Children of Men and a TV film called Children of the Gods (Stargate TV movie?).

• 2 weeks later...