Casting Call for X-Files Producer's New Show

ethsnafu

Hi folks,

I don't know if anyone here a) treads the boards and b) is in the region but take a look at this as it might be something up your street.

Looking for your shot in showbiz? A casting call is this week in Fort Mill for extras in an upcoming Showtime television series.

20th Century Fox Television is in town doing pre-production work for the Showtime pilot of "Homeland" and will begin shooting the psychological thriller in the Charlotte region after the first of the year, the Charlotte Regional Film Commission announced today.

If the pilot is a hit – and with the track record of those associated with the project, it could be – it would be picked up as a series that would be filmed in the region.

Howard Gordon, former "24" and "The X-Files" executive producer and writer, is producing and co-writing "Homeland." "Dexter" director Michael Cuesta is directing.

In addition to Gordon, Alex Gansa, who also wrote for and produced "24" and "The X-Files" and Gideon Raff wrote the script. Raff, who also is "Homeland"’s creator, based the show on his Israeli TV series "Pisoners of War."

Emmy Award-winner and Golden Globe-nominee Claire Danes has the female lead.

"We are thrilled to host a production with such heavy-hitters with proven track records behind it," said Beth Petty, director of the Charlotte Regional Film Commission, who worked with those associated with the production to bring it to the Charlotte region. "Our combination of locations, crew and support services all were key factors in the decision to film here."

"Homeland" follows U.S. Marine Sergeant Scott Brody, who 10 years earlier disappeared in Iraq, then resurfaced and has recently recovered from injuries suffered during a drone strike. Carrie Anderson (Danes), an intelligent, driven CIA officer, gets a tip that Body, who is being feted as a returning war hero, actually has switched sides and will direct an imminent attack against the U.S. on American soil. The series has twists as Anderson works to build her case against Brody and learn the truth.

An open casting call for extras is from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Plaza Fiesta.

For more details check out the following website. Who knows you could be the next best thing just waiting to happen to the TV industry. :whistling:

https://charlotteusa.com/news-media/news/casting-call-homeland/

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WaveCrest

I've read about Homeland on Digital Spy recently. This sounds like a good show. Howard Gordon did some good work on The X Files and "24" (although with the latter he has come across in interviews as slightly arrogant). Does the plot sound a bit like the films The Manchurian Candidate and Telefon?

Guest Sidewinder

Wouldn't that be great? Working opposite Claire Danes in the pilot to a new mystery-show by Howard Gordon? Wish I could be there…

Claire Danes is great isn't she? I thought she was superb as Kate Brewster in Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines.

It does have shades of Telefon doesn't it? I hope it's along those lines as I would be very, very pleased if that's the case. I remember when we did the interview with Dean Haglund and he spoke of his opinion of XF:IWTB and he said that he felt that they had missed a great opportunity to deal with a story that touched upon the 'war on terror' and how the world had changed post 9/11. It looks to me like Gordon is using that as a backdrop for his show. He wrote some great XF episode (Conduit, Fallen Angel, Born Again, Dod Kalm, and Sleepless spring to mind) so I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of this.

Id you check out the link below there is a little more about Howard Gordon and about 'Homeland' and it does look really intriguing.

Eth

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/howard-gordon-what-the-brains-behind-24-decided-to-do-next-2015155.html

josew.gif

Guest Sidewinder

Claire Danes is great isn't she? I thought she was superb as Kate Brewster in Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines.

Absolutely! And she was also great in movies like Brokedown Palace and The Rainmaker. I wonder why she never got to the top. It isn't a lack of talent.

If I remember rightly, she took a few years out of acting to pursue a degree in Psychology. Two years is a long time to be out of the picture in the acting profession and I wonder if the momentum she had gained stalled and it took her a little time to find her feet afterwards. I know she caused a little controversy when she said about Manila that it "smelled of cockroaches, with rats all over and that there is no sewage system and the people do not have anything — no arms, no legs, no eyes." She was largely condemned as a bigot for expressing such a view and whether she is a bigot or not she was very, very silly to say such things.

She's still a superb actress mind.

Eth

josew.gif

Guest Sidewinder

I never heard about that before. Not a good speech, not at all. But... I don't share a lot of thoughts with Mel Gibson and I still have fun with (most of) his movies. In the end you'll never know what's in peoples head wheather they are in showbuiz or everwhere else. Maybe she didn't ment it that way. Maybe she did, I don't know. It's like you said: she's still a superb actress.

Excellent find Richard. He is a very talented chap and I hope this works out better for him that Criminal Minds. Quite a few of the XF/Millennium crew are debuting their own shows in the near future. I'm very much looking to forward to Michael R Perry's Blair-Witch-in-the-jungle type show. Homeland is shaping up to be my second most anticipated show.

Eth

josew.gif

• 2 weeks later...