Will Chris Carter ever return to the small screen?

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Hi folks,

I was recalling that period of mourning I went into when XF finally ended and the dawning realisation that there were no Ten Thirteen shows on TV any more. I expected that we would have a long hiatus until something, if anything, manifested but I wondered if anyone knew if Chris have talked in any interviews of having plans to return to TV one day. Much of what I see these days tends to focus on XF3 but I'd love to know if he is behind the scenes cooking up the next best thing. I know the general consensus is that he is happy with his life at present but the money won't last forever however lucrative XF may be.

I'd love to see him back on TV and here's hoping he'd love to come back as well.

Eth

Guest Charger

Strange, I was just wondering about Chris the other day, and what he has done on the tv since the x files...and much to my shock he really hasn't done anything.

I would very much like to see a new show from him one day...

I kinda doubt if he will return to the small screen, especially if he has to deal with certain networks and the threat of having the show canceled before or at the end of season 1, like Harsh Realm and The Lone Gunmen did. I just finished watching The Lone Gunmen and totally upset :ranting: at how it ended. I loved some of the episodes, some were hysterical, but ending it the way they did, I doubt if I will ever watch it again, knowing how it all ends, especially won't watch the last XF episode. Very disappointed with the show. Sorry guys and gals. It's just my little opinion.

I don't recall him saying anything about returning to the TV world. It looks like he's pretty happy with his life without that TV and network maddness. :) Although I'd love to see anything from him on TV, even some stupid sitcom or something LOL :) Bring more Ten Thirteen shows!

Agreed with The Lone Gunmen, Darlene. It was a huge mistake to have culled the programme. I do believe with some network faith it could have grown in a decent hit but in this day and age of 'immediate hits' it wasn't allowed the time and space to flourish. I've always felt the network was right to axe Harsh Realm. I really don't think that would have captured the audience's imagination no matter how much room were afforded it.

I'd love to see CC back but, as Blackoil says, I have the feeling that he enjoyed being out of scrutiny after so many years of being in it but I wonder how long one can get by without an income of sorts. I know he is doing the odd bit of work but I would image he has become accustomed to a decent lifestyle and I would imagine the revenues generated by XF get less and less each year.

Having CC back on the screen with a new show would have to rank as the television event of the decade surely? I know when Harsh Real was being pitched the script was the hottest property in the business and after a long time away I would image interest in a new should be exponentially greater.

I wonder if that's what puts him off a little. After having such a towering success with XF would anything he ever committed to screen be given the time and space to find its feet or would it have to be an immediate success based simply upon his pedigree.

That said, come back Chris Carter. Television needs YOU.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I'm thinking if Chris Carter was to create a new TV show, it should be shown on a cable channel (FX, HBO, Showtime, TNT, USA Network). Then they wouldn't have to worry about it having to get big ratings.