Monsters (2010)

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Who here has heard/read about a new low-budget film called Monsters? It's been billed as "this year's District 9". The film was released in selected UK cinemas last Friday. Unfortunately it's not being shown at my local cinemas. Considering it's been shot with a low budget the film, based on the trailer, looks great, very colourful and gritty looking.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I've definitely heard of this. The first words I heard were last year and it was being billed as a mixture of District 9 and Cloverfield. I actually read that there were only five crew members and two cast members involved in the whole film. Anyone else seen is a local who was asked to film a small cameo or say a few lines. Most of the film is ad-libbed. They filmed hundreds of hours of ad-libbed dialogue as two actors walked around interacting with the locals and the director then had to edit that into a coherent film. He created all the creature footage on his home PC and edited it into the film himself. Despite all the odds the film is supposed to be superb and I'm really looking forward to it.

Eth

Here's the trailer. Looks great doesn't it?

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png