Returning Characters

Rate this topic

Guest CrowMagnumMan

Guest CrowMagnumMan

Yeah I like the Avatar idea. I just watched that one, and Frank says something at the end about Avatar not returning until the next big thing comes along that he can use. I can only imagine Avatar once again using the internet in some way if he killed again. Anybody see the movie Untraceable? I never saw it, but it looked like a total rip-off of "The Mikado".

"Untraceable" was very much a rip-off of "The Mikado" with some added elements from "Hostel" thrown in. I mentioned this to Michael Perry as a number of films came post-Mikado that were striking in their similarity to that episode and he said he frequently gets messages from his friends telling him they have seen another Mikado-like-film but that he doesn't watch them. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Another character I would like to pay a revisit to would be Doug Scaife. I thought his character was nicely built up towards the end of season three and he was beginning to become both interesting and valuable to the storyline. I guess he was Roedecker without the wisecracks.

I know this isn't a character but a revisit from The Family would be interesting as well. They had a very enigmatic introduction and it would be nice to have seen The Millennium Group square off against them once more.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Untraceable was a good film but nothing spectacular. Diane Lane was good in the lead role, but it was one of many films post-The Mikado which have imitated what was done in the Millennium episode.

It absolutely amazes me how many movies seem to come from an episode of MLM. It's like that can't come up with anything new. Untraceable was good, but all through it I couldn't stop thinking of The Mikado.

Avatar would not only have the Internet to work with, but now there's all the different kinds of super cell phones, that to me are mini computers. Then there's Facebook, Twitter, and the list goes on that he could use. Avatar could be anywhere, anytime, torturing and killing anyone. Lord have mercy, I hope I sleep tonight, I'm scaring myself. :doh:

Mark, good idea with bringing back The Family. Maybe Avatar could be in the middle of it all somehow. :woot:

Guest CrowMagnumMan

I think it'd be cool if they did several MillenniuM movies and got Michael Perry to write one that's all about the return of Avatar. Considering the day and age, there's a lot of potential now for a high-tech serial killer story.

Michael based "The Mikado" very much on the 'new thing' of the time which was webcams and in particular Jennicam (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Ringley) which was quite the rage at the time. Darlene is right, if he were to return to a script involving Avatar he would probably look around him for what is captivating people on the internet these days and give Avatar a little upgrade if you can pardon the pun. I'm guessing it would social networking and Twitter that would be the new currency of Avatar. Then again X-Files did that with 2Shy didn't they? Wasn't there a recent film that did 'death via the internet' in the form of an online game? I can't quite recall.

Speaking of returning characters you might find this of interest. Kay Reindl once stated that if you wanted to see what Glen Morgan and James Wong would have done with a third season of Millennium you should check out their work on 'The Others' which I believe inherited a lot of the ideas they had for MM. One storyline in that show had Kristen Cloke appear as a demon. I've always wondered if that's what they might have done with Lara Means and simply carried the idea over. It could have been a very powerful episode to have had Lara return but on the other side of the fence, as a facet of Legion maybe. Maybe her breakdown left her vulnerable to Legion's lure. Now that I would have loved to have seen.

Eth

Shame on you Mark, no, not an evil Lara. I just can't picture her as part of Legion. Besides being extremely intelligent, her heart is way too caring to be hardened. She doesn't often show it, but she proved it by sacrificing her anti-Marburg med. I would like to see her come back understanding her ability more then ever before, seeing more then just a messenger angel of death and doom, but tapping into higher principalities and powers, and having more personal power of her own, but not as something evil. It would be much more exciting to me to see Lara and Frank working together. He will always have his evil witchy woman, Lucy. No one can top her.

Avatar enjoyed tormenting, and I was thinking, beside the Internet and all of its social networking, it would be awesome to see Avatar tap into certain television networks and cable channels, to expand his viewers.

I feel only a chosen fan group should write season 4.

Guest WaveCrest

Then again X-Files did that with 2Shy didn't they?

Eth

It's been a long while since I last saw "2Shy" (Sky 1's promo was exciting), but I think it focused on the online dating side of the web.

I think the issue with demon Lara (or at least evil Lara) would be gotten around by the fact that she was insane and therefore you cannot expect her to conform to how she would behave when in control of her mind and could leave her open to a stronger force. Remember, it was stated that her angel had abandoned her so I assume she was without some of the protection she had been afforded previously. Anyhow it's only conjecture born from a memory of something Kay said. Nothing more.

Now I could have comfortable managed another Darin Morgan episode and maybe a return of one of his Donut Hole Devils. It would be great to have a story with a repentant devil, maybe one who is just tired of the lifestyle, seek out Frank Black to help him go straight. Imagine that with Darin's superb grasp of the sublime and the ridiculous. You could have some fantastic scenes of Frank talking to himself as they rest of the world would be oblivious to the devil's presence. It seems like a mad and wonderful idea to me anyway.

Eth

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Herr Doktor Schlossburg

I kinda wish they brought back Dr Fabricant. Only as a red herring, of course!

However, I'm not too sure if that's possible. Didn't they imply that he was going to die pretty soon?