Region 4

Rate this topic

Guest Jose Chung

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Jose Chung

WOOHOO.

Season 1's released this week here in Australia. (We're Region 4.) Needless to say I'll be getting a copy within the next few days.

So now the question is... will Season 2 hit Region 4 in Australia...? I understand Fox almost didn't bother releasing Seasons 2 and 3 in the US. I'm hoping they aren't thinking along the same lines for Australia. I've been waiting years to have Season 2 on DVD.

If anyone turns up any info, I'd love to hear it.

Cheers,

Chung

• Elders (Moderators)

Good news indeed for Region4 members. I hadn't realised you had been waiting for so long.

Does Australia have the equivalent of the British Film Board? I'm just wondering - if Fox have begun any processes they need in order to release the DVDs in Australia, perhaps having started down that path, they'll continue for Seasons 2 & 3. I know there seemed to be some hesitation on the part of the suits about Region1 Season 3, but I would guess that if the figures have added up reasonably well so far, surely they wouldn't start off with Region 4 Season 1 and then stop. Since Fox were at the forefront of releasing TV shows on DVD, you'd think they'd be pretty clued up about the market.

But then, this is Fox we're talking about, and they haven't always made the best decisions.

Are you going to go for a marathon viewing? Or watch the episodes over a period of time?

Guest Jose Chung

When Season One arrives (ordered it via the web, should be here in a day or two) I'll probably watch a couple of episodes per week. Did the same thing with 7 seasons' worth of Buffy DVDs, too. And really, I don't think I could survive hour after uninterrupted hour of Millennium downbeatness. :p

Fox is usually great with TV series' on DVD -- the aforementioned Buffy and X-Files are the first examples that spring to mind. And we do love our horror/sci-fi genre shows. They have a very big cult following out here. Not sure how much of a following Millennium has in Australia these days, but even though it rated poorly, all 3 seasons were screened.

I second the :praying::bigsmile: I won't die if I have to go without Series 3, but without Series 2, those big teases at Fox will be on the receiving end of an ass-whupping... or a very severe frowning.

--Chung

• Elders (Admins)

That's great news! I know we've had a few Members here from Australia and its good to know that Millennium is available there.

Walkabout, thanks for sharing about the fact that Sci-Fi does well down under! Always good to know!

• 3 months later...
Guest IzakiDragmire

so has anyone got an ABSOLUTE favourite episode from the first 3 series? Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense is such a great episode!

how many series has there been by the way? :ouro:

Rachel x