TIWWA Presents - The 2010 Lucy Butler Audio Competition - Now Closed!

Rate this topic

Guest Heath328

Congratulations, James and Ana!

It's an honor to be included!

I'm thankful to the Group and to Sarah-Jane Redmond for taking her time out to read James' story. Can't wait to hear it.

Merry Christmas!

sowsmall.jpg

Tomorrow folks. Sorry to keep you waiting a little but anticipation is half the pleasure and with all the festivities I'm not at my PC very much but the wait will soon be over.

It's well worth the wait folks I promise you.

Eth

• Like 1

sjrsmall.jpg

Dear friends,

The time is now. Here's is the winning entry of our Lucy Butler Audio Competition 2010 written by the extremely talented James P. Davis and narrated by Sarah-Jane Redmond. I have also included a download link for those of you who like the opportunity to have a copy to listen to at their leisure. I wanted to take this opportunity to than all our entrants - the standard was exceptionally high and you all deserve a round of applause so take a box. Further congratulations to James for creating such a memorable entry and one that I am sure you will all agree deserved to win and last but by no means least my gratitude to Sarah-Jane Redmond for the considerable time, support and enthusiasm she afforded us this year to help make our festive season a Millennium festive season.

Enjoy the story folks and be sure to leave your thoughts when you have heard it, I am sure James would appreciate that.

Best wishes,

Eth

OR (UPDATED LINK)

• Like 1

I said it on Facebook and I'll say it here: THAT was creepy! 8-O  Beautifully written, James! Hauntingly read, Miss Sarah-Jane! The talent hidden away in this little group is astounding!

All the entries were of a standard I couldn't hope to attain but I have to confess to being blown away by James' when I read it and I know Sarah-Jane was too hence the win. It is such a well written piece with lots of references and subtle touches and it is undoubtedly a Christmas story which is what we were looking for. I was particularly impressed with the sheer scope of it and how it seemed to have a mythology all of its own.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it Teedub as I am sure James and Sarah will be and you are so right, the talent that is on display here is really remarkable.

Eth

• Like 1

Guest James P. Davis

I said it on Facebook and I'll say it here: THAT was creepy! 8-O Beautifully written, James! Hauntingly read, Miss Sarah-Jane! The talent hidden away in this little group is astounding!

Thank you!

And if Sarah-Jane stops by...

I love your voice. That was absolutely perfect. This has been my new favorite Christmas and that's tough to beat, it was up against Christmas 1985 when I got the original Optimus Prime, heh! Thank you so much and I will keep a watch over my shoulder with fingers crossed...seriously, I may hurt my neck. :oneeyedwinK

And many thanks to Mark and the Group! As I've said, the coolest fans ever, all around.

Best,

--James

Guest Charger

I said it once and I'll say it again, great job James! Awesome and eerie christmas story! Bravo! :ta_clap:

And Sarah-Jane...what a great interpretation, her voice really brought the story to life. And a really really big bow for doing this for us fans! I'm out of words to describe how honored I am to be fan of hers right now! I doubt there are a lot of actors out there that would be willing to do something like this just for the fans.

Guest arcanamundi

Congratulations, James! Great work! And what a thrill to have your words brought to life by such talent as Sarah-Jane Redmond! Bravo to you both! clapping.gif