TIWWA Presents - The Angels

Rate this topic

midnightcatherine.jpg

tomorrowbanner.gif

_thb_Screenshot002.jpg

When I was putting together a little something for Christmas I realised that amidst the fun and frolics that there needed to be something with a little meat on the bones. "Midnight Of The Century" is, after all, a beautiful episode but a very cerebral and, at times, melancholy one. Darlene has written for us a number of times now and I am sure you will agree with me that she always brings so much of herself to her work that it is evident that a lot of her time, joy and spirit has gone into each and ever word and this is no exception. I hope you will read the following with an open and receptive heart. I feel sure that's what Darlene would want. So here's to the Midnight Of The Century, to Darlene and to all of you. Merry Christmas folks.

Black of the 100 Things

(Midnight of the Century)

As we all know, “Midnight” is 12 AM, and considered, the “Middle of the Night.” It is a time period, a moment of, “intense darkness or gloom,” also believed to be the, “deepest point of negativity.” Yet at the same time, mankind celebrates the arrival of a new year. In Moby's Thesaurus, there are two words to describe the word, “Midnight,” “Black,” and “Dead of Night.” The stoke of midnight is not a period of time, but a moment. In Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, the Hebrew meaning for the root word of “Midnight,” is “to cut or split in two, halve, divide, to fold back, a spiral step.” In the Greek, it simply means, “midnight (especially as a watch), night, middle, midst, between.” On the other hand, since it's 00:00 AM and PM, then could this one moment have no meaning at all, none whatsoever? Something to think about. I personally disagree. I believe everything and every moment has a meaning and a purpose, whether it is in the light, or it is in darkness. In the King James translation of Exodus 20:21 it says:

“And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.”

So where we consider to be dark and empty; God is present.

_thb_Screenshot013.jpg

After consulting with Millennium Group Staff Administrator, Mark Hayden, about the episode's title, he sent me the following that I would like to share with you.

“In 1939, Hitler's Foreign minister met Stalin and a Nazi-Soviet pact was formed. It was this pact that saw the triumph of fascism, the destruction of the European labour movement and left wing forces, the physical liquidation of millions of people, the dark and horrendous conditions of Nazi occupation. It was, as Victor Serge called it, “Midnight Of The Century.” The pact was referred to as the "Midnight Of The Century" pact in literature since then. I assume it was used to suggest that something incredibly pivotal was taking place in the lives of the characters in much the same way as this pact became such a pivotal thing in the way it affected the world.”

What an absolutely fascinating history lesson, and an awesome insight on Mark's part. It is so true, it was an extremely pivotal time in history, and two pivotal days for Frank, December 24, 1997, the night his father crossed over, and December 24, 1946, the night his mother crossed over.

The word, “Century,” is not in the Bible. The word simply means, “a period of 100 years, or succession, a group of 100 things.” I chose the word “things” for my title over, “years” because of the large number of angel pictures that were drawn by Frank's mother. It obviously seemed more fitting and closely associated with the story then a 100 year period, or a succession of them.

_thb_Screenshot057.jpg

A couple Hebrew meanings for “Midnight,” that really stood out to me are, “to fold back, a spiral step,” which is what happened in this episode. Frank's “Midnight,” basically folded back time, he took a spiral step into his past, and in so doing, he discovered something that would have a transforming impact on him for the rest of his life.

The meaning of the word, “Angels,” is simple. Angels are messengers, and/or ministering spirits, and may apply to both men or a spirit being. Naturally, there are many different spirit beings, and not just in the Bible, but all through different religious texts. Medieval Christian Theologians believe angels are separated into different orders, called "Angelic Choirs." Choirs sing.

Christian Angelic Hierarchy:

First Sphere (liberated) Seraphim – Cherubim - Thrones

Second Sphere (active) Dominions – Virtues - Powers

Third Sphere (active) Principalities – Archangels - Angels

With a multitude of angels to choose from, in different levels of operation in the heavenlies, I will concentrate on only one angel, the “Cherubim,” which is to me the angel of this episode. In Strong's Exhaustive Concordance the word, “Cherubim,” comes from the Hebrew word, “keruwbim,” which is a transliteration and means "imaginary figures." Keruwbim (cherubim) is the plural of keruwb (cherub). Simply put, “The Cherubimare Imaginations,” that find their roots in the imaginative mind of man.

A careful study of the Bible concerning the Cherubim clearly demonstrates one clear fact. The ministry of the Cherubim was never a positive ministry. Without exception, it was always a negative ministry. In the beginning, their purpose was not to reveal God's glory, but rather, to conceal it. Throughout the Old Testament the Cherubim are seen in relation to judgment on sin. Although everything we see of the Cherubim in the book of Ezekiel is a manifestation of the awesomeness of God and His glory, it is still a negative thing in the flesh realm, as Lara stated about her angel:

_thb_Screenshot078.jpg

“...they won't just go away. And for me, it only gets more intense as I get older. He only appears to warn me of imminent danger, or to point me into the direction of evil's presence.”

Cherubim are so closely related to man that there is no way to see them apart from one another. In man’s pursuit of life the cherubim (his thoughts) are ever-changing, and as they change so does the man. They seem to be the inspiration that lies at the root of his inmost being, and from that root, of course, comes the fruit of whatever is conceived and nurtured. And most of the time it is always about one's self. This is why we are told to:

"Be ye transformed by the renewing of your minds."

Obviously, I believe Lara's angel is a Cherubim, which explains her torment, a haunting that came from within because she simply didn't understand both her angel or herself. The group was never much help, so it became a scenario of, “the blind leading the blind.” And the same I believe holds true for Frank. As long as there are cherubim of the carnal mind, we will have half a mind with half a rainbow over the throne within.

_thb_Screenshot081.jpg

Wings, usually symbolized by a feather, mean protection. Maybe that's why mankind put wings on angels, it gives man a sense of protection, and as Lara so elegantly (?) pointed out:

“Yeah, cute, cuddly, flapping their wings, blowing their horns all over place. You know that wings on angels are something that the early church took from the Egyptian gods because people sort of liked it?”

The wings of the Cherubim don't flap, they have a voice, they sing. Do you have your wings yet? If you do, what are your wings singing?

The pivotal moment in 1946 is the song Frank's mother was singing that night she crossed over, “It's not about me Frank, it's about you.”

The pivotal moment in “Walkabout” when Frank sang the song to Catherine was, “It's not about me Catherine, it's about Jordan.”

The pivotal moment in 1997, in “Midnight of the Century,” is when Frank finally heard his mother singing, “Be reconciled with your father.”

51 years after Frank's father placed the angel on its stand, the angel he gave his wife the night she crossed over, Frank and his father were reconciled. On December 24, 1997, Frank’s father moved the angel, because he finally received his sign from his wife, he was reconciled back with his son. Now he could join his wife, which he did that night. Now, Linda Black could begin singing a new song, and Henry Black was set free to be with his wife, and sing with her. Frank finally knew the total truth, and learned that it had nothing to do with his father (yesterday), or him (self), but that it was all about Jordan (today) and, “Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow.”

_thb_Screenshot120.jpg

The pivotal moment in our lives is when we understand that the song we are to be singing should be the same as Linda Black's, “Be Reconciled.” This is divine love manifested. When you know the total truth as Frank found out from his father, then forgiveness isn't an issue. Seek the truth in every relationship, because it should never be about you, it should always be about the other person. The “self” (all about you) must die, so the message of God's love, the “Song of Reconciliation,” can be heard by others through the singing of our wings. Wings that sing of love in the “Noon Hour,” in the light, when we see the full rainbow over the throne within, after we leave the darkness of the “Midnight Hour.” That pivotal moment, when the “Double-Edged Sword“ cuts and divides, when our ears hear the singing from the wings of others, as we wander in the darkness and negativity of self.

“[Frank's house. The Christmas tree topples over. Lara sighs.]

LARA: Oh, great. Another angel just got its wings.”

Blessings,

Darlene Luke, “Earthnut”

References: Holy Bible (KJV), Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, Millennium – TIWWA and Mark Hayden, Elwin Roach (The Pathfinder, www.godfire.net), Harlo White Ministries, Moby Thesaurus, Wikipedia

val43.gif

• Like 1

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I don't believe in coincidences at all, i believe everything that happens in your life is for a reason and a purpose, everything matters. :) What a beautiful read Darlene, :) i knew it would be, you are an awesome writer who writes from the heart and you can tell that through everything you write about. :) This was very beautiful and emotional. Thank you for it and the hard work you put into it. :) I hope you are haiving a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. God Bless you and your family. :) Love you Darlene. :)

Laura :)

Dear friends,

A very lovely lady by the name of Kat has read this article and shared a little love with us at the Facebook group. Now I know Darlene doesn't have Facebook so I know Kat won't mind if I post her thoughts here for her attention. It is a wonderful read and Darlene always puts so much of her heart and her soul into what she does and we are all, I'm sure, very grateful.

Eth

WOW. I'm speechless.Just took a small gander at all the Christmas gifts . I read the Angels post and I'm right now overwhelmed. And reminded why after more than ten years I am still captivated by rverything about this show, the writing, the ...acting, the music, and especially the contributions of the fans. After reading Angels I feel like I have just read a thesis, and need to go back and re-read and digest.

What wonderful friends we have here and elsewhere.

Eth

• Like 1

Dear friends,

A very lovely lady by the name of Kat has read this article and shared a little love with us at the Facebook group. Now I know Darlene doesn't have Facebook so I know Kat won't mind if I post her thoughts here for her attention. It is a wonderful read and Darlene always puts so much of her heart and her soul into what she does and we are all, I'm sure, very grateful.

Eth

What wonderful friends we have here and elsewhere.

Eth

Wow, am I touched or what. I have this big lump in my throat. Thank you all for you kind and loving compliments.

I used to be on Facebook, but it got too demanding and I just didn't have the time for it anymore. I may go back someday, and maybe soon, but for now, I really need my time to sort out my life, move, write, etc. Please tell Kat thank you with all my heart. :wub:

• Like 1

P S - I also have a version for those unfamiliar with the series, where I introduce it using portions from Millennium-TIWWA, and the synopsis of the episode. It will be one of my gifts to my family this year, something from my heart, not just a material item, and I also included a cover letter. I will post it later, but if someone wants it now, send me a PM. I have it on Open Office and Microsoft Works formats. Blessings always.

• Like 1