Sign in to follow this  
SpooktalkGiGi

Christmas Food

Hey y'all i was just wondering what some of your favorite Christmas food was and what you liked to make and eat during the holidays? :) Here are some of my favorite things to eat and drink, lol :)

I love making Christmas Cookies which i will be doing today or tomorrow and i make mine from scratch. :) Yummy!!! :)

I also love my pumpkin rolls :) even going to make one today. :)

Now for Christmas dinner you can't beat a good ham and i also love to eat mashed potatos and lots and lots of buttery rolls, im a very carb friendly gal. lol and I love love love anything peppermint, as a matter of fact im going to go grab myself a peppermint mocha coffee while im finishing up my Christmas shopping. :) and who can't forget the alcohol, lol Love red wine and rum and coke, its nice to have a good drink once and ahwile, lol But the one thing that is always present at Christmas is fruit cake, lol My grandma always had a nice warm fruit cake to eat and her house always smelled so good. :)

So, what are some of your favoirte things to eat at Christmas? Does anyone have special family recipies? please share them and i will post some of my recipies up here soon. :) Merry Christmas :)

Laura :)

I most love all those foods that are no-nos the rest of the year. Cookies, bakery goods, crestent rolls dripping with butter, pies, chips and dip. Sadly this year I have a bad tooth which I am hoping to survive til after the new year. :death:

Used to always have a Rib Roast with Yorkshire pudding. Any more though it's something we haven't had in a while that we would never spend that kind of money on. Last year it was colossal shrimp on the grill.This year it's steaks that are an inch and a half thick.

Can i come eat with you Model?? lol that sounds sooooo good. we may be having a meatless Christmas dinner cos i can't find a ham, lol believe it or not.

I so miss all the Czechoslovakian dishes my mom used to make, and all the family gathering around to eat and play poker, for starters. I only remember how to make two of her dishes, which she didn't write down. I remember from watching. She also made, from scratch, the tallest New York style cheesecakes that you have ever seen and would kill for. Know what I mean?

Me, I made a lot of different things, but Christmas Day was spent with family, and not in the kitchen. The big meal was always Thanksgiving. I'd make some quiches ahead of time, freeze them, and then on Christmas Day, pop them in the oven, no fuss, just all my time with family. Of course, one was always Quiche Lorranine. Naturally, there's always pies, and I make a killer pumpkin pie that all my kids voted number one. Then cookies, and Mississippi Mud Bars. That's a chocolate, marshmallow, and chopped nut heaven. I make a mean pumpkin roll too, filled with a cream cheese filling.

Oh, we must not forget my famous cream cheese tortilla roll-ups and all the dips for crackers and chips. I am getting so hungry now. Time to click "Post."

Being the connoisseur I am I once made a stuffing out of Gingerbread that was unanimously praised. It sounds vile I have to admit but it was a recipe from Nigella Lawsom *marry me* and it involved gingerbread, bacon, onion and various other things and it was absolutely gorgeous. That's about as creative as it gets for me, thank heavens for my Ma and her culinary skills on Christmas Day. :)

Eth

I would marry Nigells Lawson. lol :) No, gingerbread is used in stuffing all the time and cranberries too. :) Delicious. :) I want to taste your stuffing Mark. :) Ok here is something im making and so good and great for Chrsitmas breakfast.

Sausage Balls

1 pound of sausage i like to use Jimmy Dean Maple sausage

1 package sharp chedder cheese

2 cups of Baking mix or Bisquick

Just put everything in a bowl and mix together and form into balls and place them on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Absoultely delicious. :)

that was suppose to be Nigella Lawson, not Nigells, LOL that might be her brother. :)

I've just gone into the kitchen to ask The Chef what we're having for Christmas! My husband's the cook here - his parents used to run a restaurant and his dad was the chef - and now he's retired, the kitchen is definitely his province and he cooks meat much better than I do. For Christmas day we're having smoked trout for starters, then guinea fowl with whatever else he decides, followed by crepe suzette which will be a bit of an experiment as he hasn't made those for years, but we do have backup desserts in the freezer.

Oooh, cheesecake. I haven't made one of those for years. I used to make a lot of cakes/biscuits/desserts when the offspring were younger and brought their friends around. Now our kitchen is finally finished, I must see if I can find where the cookery books are. Or maybe just buy some Nigella Lawson ones.

Guest WaveCrest

Now one of my favourite Christmas foods is made up from the leftovers of the turkey....turkey sandwiches. Christmas dinner - roast beef and turkey. Lovely. :thumbsup:

Sign in to follow this