Who Else Bought Harsh Realm?

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

• Elders (Admins)

Always good to see an old thread brought back to life so don't apologise! That's why we never close old topics. :oneeyedwinK

I enjoyed Harsh Realm myself and I think the WW2 themed episode was classic sci-fi.

Guest SouthernCelt

I've been searching for HR locally ever since it came out. Apparently no stores here thinks it will be a big enough seller to stock. Guess I'll have to order it (if I can't wrangle getting it for Christmas). :bigsmile:

I've been searching for HR locally ever since it came out. Apparently no stores here thinks it will be a big enough seller to stock. Guess I'll have to order it (if I can't wrangle getting it for Christmas). :bigsmile:
SC - I also had a hard time finding Harsh Realm as well. Do you have a Fry's near you? That is where i was finally able to track down a (no lie) dusty copy of the series...last one on the shelf...

Good Luck

The Fourth Horseman

Guest SouthernCelt
SC - I also had a hard time finding Harsh Realm as well. Do you have a Fry's near you? That is where i was finally able to track down a (no lie) dusty copy of the series...last one on the shelf...

Good Luck

The Fourth Horseman

Sorry, never heard of Fry's. The usually well-stocked DVD outlets around here are Walmart, Best Buy, and Circuit City. Unfortunately the only one really nearby is Walmart. I may tell my younger son who lives now in Baton Rouge, LA, to put it on his Christmas list for me since he seems to have more places to shop than I do.

Thanks for the info though.

• 4 months later...
Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Always good to see an old thread brought back to life so don't apologise! That's why we never close old topics. :oneeyedwinK

I enjoyed Harsh Realm myself and I htink the WW2 themed episode was classic sci-fi.

I guess I hafta chime in here along with pretty much what everyone else has said; of course watching the pilot for the first time I was obviously gonna compare it to MM and the XF. I probably should honestly go back and give it another chance; I believe that I have only watched the pilot so far and kinda gave up, a little disappointed after that. Not so much because the pilot itself wasn't done well; it was quite good. But, because I couldn't really see much creative room for it to go anywhere.

Hey, isn't it about friggin' time that our illustrious Mr. Carter puts something out there for us; it's been quite some time now, hasn't it? Surely he's got the clout to do just about anything he wants to after the success of his previous stuff.

• 4 months later...

I bought the DVD boxset as soon as I could get my hands on it. I had all 9 episodes recorded for me on VHS in 2002 from the Canadian Space Channel in exchange for writting some fan fiction as well as trading some MLM episodes. I couldn't wait 'til they were on DVD - better video quality and special features.

I believe that HR had amazing potential. It is too bad that the timing, the expense, and the legal situation (i.e. the comic book) where not handled better. It is also too bad that HR was not nurtured marketing-wise.

There is so much they could have done with it. It was such a great exploration of power. It is too bad it couldn't have been running thru the early years of the 21st Century. It would have been so pertainate!

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
I bought the DVD boxset as soon as I could get my hands on it. I had all 9 episodes recorded for me on VHS in 2002 from the Canadian Space Channel in exchange for writting some fan fiction as well as trading some MLM episodes. I couldn't wait 'til they were on DVD - better video quality and special features.

I believe that HR had amazing potential. It is too bad that the timing, the expense, and the legal situation (i.e. the comic book) where not handled better. It is also too bad that HR was not nurtured marketing-wise.

There is so much they could have done with it. It was such a great exploration of power. It is too bad it couldn't have been running thru the early years of the 21st Century. It would have been so pertainate!

That's good to hear; most everyone here has said that they liked it, but no one has been particularly enthusiastic like your post above. That gives me more incentive to check it out again beyond the Pilot episode. Thanks! (Yet ANOTHER series I hafta get around to!!! :wtf: )

• 1 year later...
Guest peas_and_corn

I really like it. I bought it because it was a CC show, but when I watched it I was blown away, and saddened when I watched the last episode :(

• 2 years later...

I finally bought it through Amazon.$25.00 was a bit pricey but it was worth it for the bonus part with the interviews. I hadn't seen it since it aired on Fox and FX. And yes the WWII episode was a classic.

Good news David. I bought my copy about a one to two years ago, can't remember exactly when or how much. I too hadn't see it since it was aired. Sure was a treat and such a shame that it was cancelled. Boo to everyone involved.