Psych

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Starting a thread for the comedy drama series Psych, which airs in the US on the USA Network and Universal Channel in the UK. Three weeks ago, a new episode of Psych premiered on USA Network, which was a homage to the TV series Twin Peaks. Several Twin Peaks cast members guest-starred in the episode, called "Dual Spires" - Sherilyn Fenn, Ray Wise, Dana Ashbrook, Lenny Van Dohlen, Robyn Lively and Sheryl Lee (source: the TVRage.com page for the episode "Dual Spires").

There is a trailer for the episode on the TVRage.com page for "Dual Spires". Unfortunately, the video screen is very small (same with any episode trailer on the website).

I've never seen an episode of Psych before. Looking at the main cast list (on EpGuides.com) the only recognisable name is Corbin Bernsen (LA Law, The Dentist and The Dentist II).

Psych's fifth season finished last night on USA Network.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest arcanamundi

Thanks, Wavecrest! Just finished watching this episode via Hulu. I enjoyed all the Twin Peaks references, even down to Julee Cruse singing the intro theme Twin Peaks style. I enjoyed the first couple of seasons of Psych, but then started to grow tired of the two leads' schtick. They sure have their schtick down, though. Great timing. This is the first ep I've seen in a while, and found it as enjoyable as ever.

Guest Charger

Psych is great! Sadly we're bit behind on this one too...but I'm hoping new episodes will start early next year!

It sickens me a bit that that crappy Mentalist copied the basic idea and it bacame the bigger show....that is soooooo wrong. Since it has bad characters, bad lead actor (how can somebody be so full of himself?) and well...overall just bad. Psych on the otherhand has it all to make it a hit show and yet it isn't....something's wrong with this picture.

Guest WaveCrest

That is annoying when a similar, more popular show does better (both ratings and coverage-wise in the media). Isn't The Mentalist another show from the Bruckheimer stable? The only exception of a show which he has been involved in which I liked, was Eleventh Hour.

Yes, I remember reading somewhere else on the web recently that Julee Cruise was also going to be appearing in the "Dual Spires" episode of Psych. Watching the trailer it looked like the actor who played The Giant in Twin Peaks was in the episode as well.

It's killing me waiting for the episodes of the recent homages to reach the UK. I may actually be drawn to skullduggery in order to see these as I'm not sure I'm prepared to wait that long. I am told the Julee Cruise song that is used at the start of the episode is called "I Know You Know" and there is a short clip of it here from the opening titles of Psych. Does anyone know if this is available as a complete track on any of her albums or whether it was composed purely for the show?

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest arcanamundi

If I recall creator Steve Franks wrote the theme for the show...i could be wrong.

I think you're right. Julee is just covering the song in her unique style. The original version that opens the show each week is a peppy, zippy pop ditty. Don't know who performs it but it sounds kind of like the theme from 'Friends.'

Guest WaveCrest

I am told the Julee Cruise song that is used at the start of the episode is called "I Know You Know" and there is a short clip of it here from the opening titles of Psych. Does anyone know if this is available as a complete track on any of her albums or whether it was composed purely for the show?

Eth

I know Julee Cruise released two albums (Floating Into the Night (1990) and The Voice of Love (1993) back around the time Twin Peaks was first shown on ABC. Not sure about albums since then. However, I will see if there are subsequent albums.

Guest Charger

I think you're right. Julee is just covering the song in her unique style. The original version that opens the show each week is a peppy, zippy pop ditty. Don't know who performs it but it sounds kind of like the theme from 'Friends.'

Yeah. The title theme is preformed by The Friendly Indians with Steve Franks. So it does seem that would be the case. I like the theme, kind of fits well with the show. I remember there being some different versions of it too, I remember a Christmas special that had a very different version of the theme song...might have been on season 3 episode Christmas Joy.

Guest WaveCrest

Have checked on Amazon UK and Julee Cruise has released two other albums since The Voice of Love (1993). Art of Being a Girl was released in 2002, and an album she worked on with Pluramon, called Dreams Top Rock (released in 2005).