Psych

Guest WaveCrest

You guys are right. From what I can gather the song is "I Know You Know" by The Friendly Indians, series creator Steve Franks' band. Apparently Julee recorded an extended version of the track for use in the 'Dual Spires' episode which comes in at 5.12. I'm really hoping a download is made available for fans of hers and the show. I love her work and would very much like to have it in its entirety.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest arcanamundi

Have checked on Amazon UK and Julee Cruise has released two other albums since The Voice of Love (1993). Art of Being a Girl was released in 2002, and an album she worked on with Pluramon, called Dreams Top Rock (released in 2005).

I have The Art Of Being A Girl. Its a departure from the style of Floating Into The Night, but I like it as much as her work with David Lynch. Floating Into The Night is associated in my mind with Twin Peaks and the PNW, whereas The Art Of Being A Girl has for me a very lounge-y So. Cali flavor. I recommend it if you like Julie Cruise.

Guest arcanamundi

You guys are right. From what I can gather the song is "I Know You Know" by The Friendly Indians, series creator Steve Franks' band. Apparently Julee recorded an extended version of the track for use in the 'Dual Spires' episode which comes in at 5.12. I'm really hoping a download is made available for fans of hers and the show. I love her work and would very much like to have it in its entirety.

Eth

Very cool. I wouldn't mind that in my music library either.

A side note while we're on the subject of cover versions of tv theme songs, the theme from Monk, composed and performed by Randy Newman at the opening of each episode, is covered by Snoop Doggy Dog on an episode he guest starred in. I'm not a fan of Snoop or of rap in general, but it was quite amusing.

I'm not a fan of Snoop either but I did have to have a look on Youtube to see if anyone has uploaded it and I managed to find it and it does raise a smile if nothing else.

Now I broke a convention of mine and attempted to download the Psych episode yesterday. Generally I will wait until it is broadcast in the UK but in this instance I am rather exasperated at having to do so so off I want. The download duly arrived and despite being labled as Psych was in fact an episode of Terriers. I guess that's the power of karma for breaking my moral code.

I'm just so eager to see Sherilyn Fenn as I believe she is the episode right? I used to think she was one of, if not the, most beautiful women in the world. I know time changes all of us so I'm curious.

Eth

josew.gif

Guest arcanamundi

I'm just so eager to see Sherilyn Fenn as I believe she is the episode right? I used to think she was one of, if not the, most beautiful women in the world. I know time changes all of us so I'm curious.

Eth

She's great in it! She's still smokin'! It was fun seeing the players from Twin Peaks popping up throughout the episode, even if it was just a handful of them.

eth, sounds like you're a fan of Psych - do you recall any instances in the show of Shawn saying the classic (though by now nearly cliched) line, 'Its my gift - its my curse'? I know Monk has uttered that line. Did it originate with Frank Black or are there antecedents? I think even the most recent Sherlock Holmes (Benedict Cumberpatch, not Robert Downey Jr.) utters it.

I certainly am a fan of it. I do believe the gift/curse issue has been discussed her before and I am sure notable examples were found of its use pre-Millennium. I guess it's just one of those phrases that readily springs to mind for writers as it has appeared in a great many shapes and forms over the years/ I think even Spiderman has gotten in on the act.

Now I finally, finally, got the opportunity to see this yesterday. I absolutely loved it. It was head and shoulders above the recent homages to XF that have appeared in Bones, Fringe and Supernatural. They didn't so much allude to "Twin Peaks" but go all out to drop in as many nods and references as they were able. It was great to see the old faces from the show back again and to see a show do such a warm and shameless love letter to Twin Peaks. A wonderful hour of television.

Eth

josew.gif