Chip Johannessen Comes To A Podcast Near You!

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

cipmed.jpg

Hi folks,

Chip Johannessen is the hottest of hot properties right now as he is currently helming Dexter which I know a great many of you are fans of but I'm sure our introduction to his work can via Millennium. Chip wrote such memorable episodes as Force Majeure, Walkabout, Maranatha, Sense and Antisense, Luminary, In Arcadia Ego, Exegesis, Skull and Bones, Saturn Dreaming of Mercury, Borrowed Time, Bardo Thodol and the very final episode of the show Goodbye To All That. Not only did he write such memorable episodes but he was credited as a producer for all 67 episodes of the show and helmed the show in its final season when showrunner Michael Duggan departed abruptly. No one knows better than Mr. Johannessen about the changing face of Millennium and the behind the scenes decisions that contributed to three fascinating years of television.

TIWWA and Spooktalkular have come together to bring Chip Johannessen to Spooktalkular and they will be recording a special show with him in the new year which will be a superb celebration of his work on Millennium but also on 24, Dexter, Moonlight et. al.

We want you, the fans, to shape the course of the interview to ensure we get the best possible interview from Mr. Johannessen so I want you to put your thinking caps on. Think of a question you really want the answer to and send that question with your name to show@spooktalkular.com and any questions chosen will be put to Chip along with your name read out on air.

So get those thinking caps on folks and here's to 2011 and a superb start to it for us Millennium fans. There's plenty more of this to come believe me.

Eth

• Like 1

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Wow you work quick. :) lol thanks so much Mark. :) I can't wait to do this, i hope it is soon after the new year. :) I didn't know he did Moonlight too, i loved that show!! :)

Laura :)

No deadline as such my friend but I know Chip wants to move fairly quickly so the sooner the better I guess. Don't hold back folks. Be frank, honest but respectful and if there's something you really want to ask then ask it. We want to provide something even the seasoned fans with years of knowledge under their belt will enjoy so we need to probe, dig and rustle up what we have gleaned from many years of fandom to create an interview of some real substance rather than a lot of platitudes.

We only get one shot at it so lets make it count. :)

Eth

PS I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

• Like 1

I remember that Joe. What I will do is see if I can find it and I will send it to Frank and Laura as one of the suggestions for a question. I don't know if Chip's memory will be such that he can recall such details but it may be something the folks would like to ask all the same. Thank you for your suggestion my friend and I hope you and yours had a lovely holiday.

Eth

• Like 1

Guest arcanamundi

Wow! Way to go Laura and Mark! An interview with Chip is quite a coup! smoking.gif

Can't wait to hear this! How much time do we have to think up questions??

• Elders (Admins)

You guys never cease to amaze me! Congratulations and good luck with the interview, its wonderful to see TIWWA and Spooktalkular working together! :Pottsie:

Chip is such a highly regarded professional, I wish him every success with Dexter. Last year he was successfully elected to the The Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) Board of Directors, which you can read more about here:

https://millennium-th...php?article=392

Get your questions in sooner rather than later folks so you don't miss the opportunity!

Thanks for your warm words folks. I honestly didn't think Chip would be a possibility. Dexter is very now and very big and I assumed, wrongly as it happens, that if he was going to give an interview it would be with a notable entertainment site or magazine. Considering how busy his schedule must be I am incredibly grateful to him for his time. We want to get the best possible interview from him with regards to Millennium but if you're a fan of Dexter it would be a shame not to capitalise on the 'now' as well as 'then' and ask a few questions about his present work.

I am sure the spooktalkular team will consider any questions you have folks.

No deadline as such but move quickly, I am sure the spooks will want to have this under their belt as soon as possible.

Eth

I have always wanted to know why the Dennis Hoffman character, portrayed by Brad Dourif, in "Force Majeure," was never brought back, and maybe some of the "perfect children." To me this episode never had closure. I will also email this question, but wanted to post it just in case we already have the answer to it. :whistling: