The Best and Worst TV Moments of 2010

ethsnafu

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm totally bummed out reading that "Stargate Universe" has been canceled, I really enjoy that show, it had so much potential. :mad::sad::cry:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest Charger

Gutted to hear about the cancelation of Stargate Universe too...I've always enjoyed the Stargate family! Granted haven't seen SU yet but I'm sure it is a great show and should not have been canceled.

Guest Sidewinder

Total agreement. It's a shame that SG:U is canceled, the show had a lot potential but in the end didn't showed it all the time. Some eps were just to slow to create interest by a greater audience. Sad, very sad.

Cancelling SGU means that SyFy no longer has a single scifi show on its schedules. Lots of genre and fantasy of course but nothing remotely close to scifi. It just goes to show how far that channel has moved from its original remit. I didn't watch the show because I haven't watched any of the Stargate shows but I had heard good things about it. That said, considering Atlantis and Universe were both cancelled it does look like the support for the franchise is weakening although I hear they still plan to continue with a few TV movies though this looks to be in jeopardy as well due to the poor performance of Universe.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Elders (Admins)

"Stargate Universe" has been cancelled? NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That shows is pretty good, getting much darker and serious, I love it! In fact, almost every show I like gets axed. I think I'm the curse. How on earth can SyFy get rid of all their sci-fi shows? They're mad!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

The rot set in when they toggled the name from SciFi to SyFy. On one hand I guess it was understandable as they were running out of scifi shows on their schedules and the original mandate was rather tight but in relaxing the rules it has allowed them to abandon SciFi altogether. Stargate Universe did have low ratings. I understand that they thought it couldn't be recovered from but I was told they were hitting their stride as the axe fell and that there was every chance that new viewers would give the show a chance.

With BSG gone, Trek now a film franchise and the Stargate franchises dormant there is no scifi on our screens at all. I know the Beeb's 'Outcasts' is due to drop shortly but I think that is a 'soap-in-space' affair rather than a scifi oriented space show.

Here's hoping the future is a little more scifi than things are at the moment.

Eth

josew.gif

One thing that hurt SGU was SyFy not being consistent with the scheduling. One week there was an episode, and the next week there wasn't. Made it hard to keep up. And, one of our local channels was showing episodes also. I so enjoyed SGU and canceling it is a BIG MISTAKE. :cry:

Here's my thing. I have noticed that I watch less and less TV lately, and with every show that gets canceled, my TV time diminishes and I watch more movies. It seems like there's very little good entertaining shows on TV now, and more junk. I'm thinking TV is being directed more towards programs for the younger generation, and to us older folks, so much of it is stupid and not a bit entertaining. Oh well. :confused:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest Charger

It really is sad that a channel previously of pure Sci-Fi has now abandoned it all together.

I think that now tv is missing a great full blown sci-fi show... Stargate SG1 was probably the best sci-fi show since Star Trek TNG and it did become the longerst running sci-fi show ever (?) and now the whole family is gone...I do hope they'll make a movie...I know Richard Dean Anderson isn't that interested in acting anymore but I would love to see him back as Jack O'Neill for one last time, maybe on the big screen! Yeah I know, ain't gonna happen, but one can dream... :teehee:

Thankfully we still have 4 years of Stargate SG1 to come...if the new season would ever start...

They do seem to have abandoned this far too early. I would have assumed they would have stuck with it a little longer. Warehouse 13 has managed with ratings of around 2.96 million and SyFy is really throwing its support behind the show. I believe SGU was coming in at around 2 million fewer on occasions which is, to be frank barely an audience. I have seen it said that traditional SG fans didn't appreciate the change in direction and many felt it was simply Battlestar Galactica Lite with a bit of Lost thrown in. Riding on the coat-tails of a very successful franchise is not a bad idea in and of itself but it's tricky when you are trying to align this an audience that is conditioned to expect something different from anything bearing the SG moniker.

Eth

josew.gif