The Best and Worst TV Moments of 2010

ethsnafu

I think Richard Dean Anderson's health stopped him from acting, rather then him losing interest. He had some short scenes is SGU. For awhile we didn't see much of him, and at first he seemed weak, and now he almost looks either over-weight or bloated. Some medications can cause you to bloat. Here's hoping he's recovering and stronger every day.

I absolutely loved Stargate: SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and really upset about SGU being canceled. Are we going to have closure with SGU or will it just bluntly end like Harsh Realm did? Makes me want to write SyFy a letter, if it would do any good. I wonder if networks really care about what we think, after all, we're just the public who watches the shows. :whistling:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Charger

Really? I didn't know he was sick....that's awful news! Any idea what he has? Is it serious? I always thought he just retired...:sad:

I didn't know he is unwell either. I wish him well whatever the condition.

It's worth sending an email to the network if you feel inclined to do so. I doubt it makes too much a difference if the audience simply isn't there. The only time I can think of in which a campaign has been successful in preventing a cancellation, albeit temporarily, was with Jericho which managed secured a shorter second series for the show.

There was campaign ongoing during the show's run which sought to keep it on air for at least three seasons and they have had to conclude they did what they could and failed. I haven't seen a campaign in operation yet to save the show since its cancellation though.

Eth

https://stargateuniverseawarenesscampaign.blogspot.com/

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

From what I have read, RDA isn't suffering from an illness, but multiple injuries, which could account for the weight loss, and then appearing over-weight or bloated. It started with a back injury while portraying MacGyver. He also has a scar on his head that has been discussed and on his ankle and leg. Members of the Syfy forums have discussed his appearance, and agree that there was definitely something wrong. Some say the weight gain or bloating look was from "legal" prescription steroid use, and since then he has been losing weight and looking good, real good. :whistling:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Ah. It could well be steroids although I have had a look at some images of him from that time and he doesn't seem to be sporting the classic 'moonface' that is indicative of steroid bloat. I guess people in the profession have to work hard to maintain a good physique especially when they are not getting any younger and I would assume there are times when lethargy or industry make them decide to take a break from a strict diet and exercise. Sometimes, only a pizza will do right folks? :whistling:

I hope he is well whatever the cause of his former weight gain.

Eth

josew.gif

Thought some of you might like to see this video at Mevio called, "Best of It Could be Worse...2010." Even the ads are entertaining.

https://www.mevio.com/episode/261946/best-of-it-could-be-worse-2010

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest Charger

From what I have read, RDA isn't suffering from an illness, but multiple injuries, which could account for the weight loss, and then appearing over-weight or bloated. It started with a back injury while portraying MacGyver. He also has a scar on his head that has been discussed and on his ankle and leg. Members of the Syfy forums have discussed his appearance, and agree that there was definitely something wrong. Some say the weight gain or bloating look was from "legal" prescription steroid use, and since then he has been losing weight and looking good, real good. :whistling:

Interesting...I had no idea about this. Thanks a lot for the info!

I hope him all the best. Back pains can be a bitch...I suffer from very mild ones and sometimes they already make me mad...

That's a great share Darlene. I especially liked the footage of the chap trying to put his sandals on and failing, I think we've all been there a time or too.

I got sent the following link in an email today and figured I would share it with you guys as it is related to the topic. It is the worst TV shows ever as compiled by heavy.com. You just never know folks, there could be a show or two in there that you recognise.

Eth

https://www.heavy.com/tv/2010/09/the-20-worst-tv-shows/

josew.gif

Cop Rock doesn't sound so bad to me, and I spotted Rex Linn in there.

I sort of want to see more of it, that was one rockin' tune :D

Oh...boy...Baywatch Nights, now why didn't the Hoff just create a new character for that second season, funny theme music though :D

I'm not depressed, just quiet.

Jósef's Visual Musings:

http://cheersfromiceland.blogspot.com/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines