A cup of tea?

• Elders (Admins)

Copied from elsewhere:

~A Cup of Tea ~

One day my mother was out, and my dad was in charge of me.

I was maybe 2 1/2 years old. Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a gift, and it was one of my favorite toys.

Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought him a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my mum came home.

My dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!'

Mum waited, and sure enough, here I came down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy; and she watched him drink it up.

Then she said, (as only a mother would know), "'Did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water, is the toilet?"

:ohmy::yucky::laugh:

• Like 1

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL That's brilliant. I so hope it's true.

I recall watching an episode of Nigella Lawson in which she proclaimed that her family didn't approve of her keeping fish in the toilet cistern. Because this particular fish (the name escapes me) needs to be rinsed many times over she realised she could keep it in the cistern and every time it was flushed the water would drain and refill and the fish would be automatically rinsed. Apparently other people do the same.

I can safely say they don't in this house. :confused:

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Such a cute story. Thanks Libby for sharing. :clapping:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)