More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Arkansas

Rate this topic

Earthnut

– Sun Jan 2, 9:18 am ET BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in ArkansasThe Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Commission ornithologist Karen Rowe said the birds showed physical trauma, and she speculated that "the flock could have been hit by lightning or high-altitude hail."

The commission said that New Year's Eve revelers shooting off fireworks in the area could have startled the birds from their roost and caused them to die from stress.

Robby King, a wildlife officer for the agency, collected about 65 dead birds, which will be sent for testing to the state Livestock and Poultry Commission lab and the National Wildlife Health Center lab in Madison, Wis.

Rowe said that similar events have occurred elsewhere and that test results "usually were inconclusive." She said she doubted the birds were poisoned.

Yahoo News, Birds Fall From Sky

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

My first thought is FlashForward... in that show it was crows that died.

Realistically, lightning makes sense. A strike on a flock of flying birds could easily kill the flock, with the electricity jumping from bird to bird.

I'm not buying the story that fireworks were responsible for this. If that was the case, the whole of the UK would be swamped with bird carcasses on November 6th as the whole nation celebrates with fireworks on the 5th. It's not the first occurrence of this and it certainly won't be the last and the strange thing is there is never a plausible explanation for what caused the deaths. They are a few theories and tests usually inconclusive but never any definitive answers.

I'm not suggesting the cause is otherworldly, I don't think it is, but there's a need to get to the bottom of it methinks.

Eth

I agree Mark, with all of our modern technology, it absolutely amazes me that the so called, "professionals," can't come up with some kind of explanation. It's just too weird. :suspect:

My first thought was our own episodes with dead chickens and birds. I believe Morgan and Wong wrote the scenes in from actual events.

Lets' not forget that cats and seals were found in Vancouver and the UK respectively I believe. I know the seal deaths in the UK were especially chilling as they were most definitely caused by some strange technology. Something is going off, that's undeniable and on each occasion it targets only one animal. If you want to refresh your memory about these events here are some links.

https://www.digitaljournal.com/article/299642

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-10976201

Eth

Here's an article about pelicans, bees, dolphins, seals, sea birds, gharials, sheep, goats, cattle, and sea turtles.

Mysterious Animal Deaths

Saw on the news last night that they are saying rare circular atmospheric anomalies have been spotted across the major cities of the U S that they think may be responsible for the deaths. Now there are bird deaths in Louisiana.

Here's a weather map I found from weather.gov that you may enjoy looking at.

radar.weather.gov

They are messing with our atmosphere to control the weather, and it wouldn't surprise me if we lose all of our birds as they continue to put chemicals in the air. Then when some of the chemicals settle to the ground and water supplies we should be hearing about mass deaths of other species, and more human illnesses and deaths.

Good Lord I didn't realise how prevalent this type of thing is and be it land or sea or air it only seems to strike one species at a time. Conventional wisdom states that if water poisoning is the explanation for certain deaths then more creatures in the water would be affected than just one. I know different physiologies will react to different compounds differently but sure more than a single species would show evidence of something unusual. Here is a list of the Top 10 mysterious animal deaths.

Very, very strange indeed. :suspect:

Eth

https://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,2040762,00.html