Sign in to follow this  
HighPlainsDrifter

Top Anticipated Horror Movies for 2011

This is a list of Horror movies coming out in 2011 I am really looking forward to.

The Rite with Anthony Hopkins where the plays a Exorcist in the Catholic Church

Apollo 18: A film about the real mission to space in the 1970's that was canceled by NASA.

The Ward: A thriller centered on an institutionalized young woman who becomes terrorized by a ghost in a 1966 setting. John Carpenter is the director of this movie.

The Thing: At an Antarctica research site, the discovery of an alien craft leads to a confrontation between graduate student Kate Lloyd and scientist Dr. Sander Halvorson. While Dr. Halvorson keeps to his research, Kate partners with Sam Carter, a helicopter pilot, to pursue the alien life form.

The Fields: In the Texas bayous, a local homicide detective teams up with a cop from New York City to investigate a series of unsolved murders.

Interesting list. I haven't read about "The Rite" before but it sounds interesting Anthony Hopkins is allways worth watching a movie.

I'm curious about "The Ward" as I'm a big fan of Carpenter's old movies. But he paused about 10 years (okay, there were the "Masters of Horror"...) and both, trailer and poster, are pretty...boring? I mean; if it wouldn't be Carpenters name on it I probably wouldn't be interested.

Same problem with "The Thing: the remake". Good old school Carpenter-classic. Prior Carpenter-remakes were mostly lame. Okay, Carpenters movie was also a remake from a black/white movie but you know what I mean.

It's hard... I hope that Wes Craven is able to pull off a good fourth "Scream". I like the three movies even though the third wasn't that good.

Here are two more films that are hotly anticipated by horror aficionados and I have to say I join them. The first is "Rubber" which is about a psychic tire. Yep, you read that right. Just when you thought horror had lost any or all originality something like this comes along. If you are wondering how it can possibly work then join the rest of us but what's been seen so far really does pique my interest just for the sheer sake of watching something so insane.

On a more serious note is JJ Abrams "Super 8" which seems to be another "Cloverfield" but as I enjoyed "Cloverfield" so much you'll get no complaints from me.

Oh and of course, everyone is waiting for the next "Human Centipede" movie right? Or is that just me.

Eth

UGH you liked Cloverfield??? LOL i thought it was horrible and gave me a headache, lol ;) Im always up for seeing anything that is horror related so bring on the psychic tire :whistling: Im looking forward to all horror movies this year. :)

Laura :)

Looks like some good movies coming out, and I am especially interested in "The Rite" and the remake of "The Thing."

Laura, I wasn't very fond of Cloverfield either, so you have company there.

I like action, thrillers, and "edge of your seat" movies, but I'm just not a big fan of slasher, blood and gut movies. Yuck.

I am also really looking forward to "The Eagle."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diY-ccvdcUk

And "I Am Number Four."

ANOTHER remake of ' The Thing '....say it ain't so :halloween1: ah well hollywood is desparate. The Rite could be interesting on cast alone. Due to cost I probly will see some of these on dvd only. Have just got ' Baja ' on vhs and ' Dying God ' on dvd. hope to be well enough to watch them soon. :clapping: