A Return To Millennium

Rate this topic

Guest zombieromero

Guest zombieromero

Its strange how this year has seemed almost like Millennium/Biblical prophecy is coming true. We never really got to see the real end of the world during Millennium's 3 season run however the things happenning today is how I always imagined the beginning of the end would start if Millennium had not been cancelled. Allow me to elaborate:

The Book of Revelation prophesises disaster, disease and the final day of Armageddon. Lately around the world there has been many death's due to Swine Flu, animals such as birds and fish have dropped dead out of the skies or washed ashore in vast numbers. Also the increasing fear of the end of the world in 2012, etc all these events could so easily and effectively be worked into a new season of Millennium or the long awaited feature film. There is no better time than right now that a Millennium film would be more relevant and timely and much more importantly WANTED by the fans. I am against any kind of sequel or reboot or anything like that, unless it is just and relevant and can deal with important issues and have something to say to an audience. Much like when Millennium first begun and was playing to the notion of the end of the world in the year 2000, Y2K, etc. I'm a film maker myself having graduated from University with a degree in Media Writing and Production and I can see how easily a Miellenium film or new series could be adpated into today's current literal and political climate.

I dont know if anyone agrees with me, just wanted to express this and also make a welcome return to the TIWWA board as I have been abcent for a long time due to University and then filming for work. :)

That was truely a great post. Things are truely taking form right now. I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly. This time right now is especially rife with material where Frank would be more relevant than ever.

Hi zombie,

It's great to have you back my friend and we hope you'll stay around a while. I'm not one of those who believes that recent events are tied to Biblical phenomena. That said I don't have such a blinkered view of reality that I don't think such things are possible. There's definitely a vibe so far that something is different about this year. Maybe it's a repeat of 1999, and the very Zeitgeist that Chris Carter seized upon, and people will grow more unnerved as we approach 2012. There's certainly been considerable hype about that date for many years now and many expect the world to end. It's definitely a year which could be exploited for a Millennium style story but it's equally suited to XF who already have 2012 as part of their own mythology as it is the date on the colonisation. Whatever happen,s Ten Thirteen would be wise to have something in place for next year and I have a feeling we'll see two FBI agents back in business shortly. :oneeyedwinK

Eth

Guest zombieromero

Heya yeah Im back for good now :D and yes I do not believe in the whole 2012 end of the world stuff, but like yourself I have an open mind. Speaking purely from a producer and marketing point of view, Millennium could be highly lucrative right now. I'm not an "all about the money person" but sadly big television studios and film studios are and I think if ever there was a time to pitch a new series or the film it would be now as it would sell due to its content. Me personally I dont care for the box office revenues, but if a by-product of pandering to studios trend of caring more about money than films as an art form, is more Millennium goodness, I'm on board :D

• Elders (Moderators)

Good to have you back, zombie!

I agree that current situations are more akin to a Millennium movie rather than X-Files, unless XF3 were to suggest that all those episodes of birds falling from the skies were the result of impacts with low-flying spacecraft. :oneeyedwinK

Certainly there has been some very severe weather systems of late, and that sort of thing can give rise to uneasy feelings about an impending apocalypse. There is a lot of science to explain these things, such as La Niña being the cause of the Australian floods, but now that we have more visual evidence, thanks to the internet, there is more to feel uneasy about. One of the most striking visual aspects was in Greenland where the first sunrise after the polar night appeared to have happened two days earlier than expected. There are lots of guesses doing the rounds at the moment as to why, including global warming melting the glaciers, but the most likely is a "sun-dog" which is like a mirage.

Although there are likely to be apocalyptic movies as we approach yet another TEOTWAWKI, I agree that the similarities between the Y2K concerns and the present times fit well with MM.

Links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_nina

https://www.thefirstp...ly-to-greenland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dog

Guest Bad Boy Dazza

I agree completely zombieromero, however they had better get of their asses and do it NOW, because 2012 is practically tomorrow in movie making time.

• 2 weeks later...