Casting The New Millenium

Rate this topic

According to Chris Carter more than likely the movie would prbably not be called Millenium. I am wondering since it will be a new story, will it be in a new setting and a new supporting staff. Frank must have a love intrest. I tend to think Frank would probably be back home in Seattle maybe this time around it will be filmed in Seattle. Bring back Giebelhouse and maybe he is in charge. Maybe his new love intrest is with Police Dept. Psychologist played by? Annette Bening? Who would be a good serial killer to track down? Phillip Seymour Hoffman?

I always though of Frank being a lifer with catherine and never seeing another woman I mean he just loved here too much, and umm Annette Bening, hope not, not that I have anything aginst but I would hope for less known actors and actresses to fill the slots just to keep the show real and not star struck.

-MM

I always though of Frank being a lifer with catherine and never seeing another woman I mean he just loved here too much

I agree, 100%. That's what bugged me at first with Laura, I was afraid they would tarnish the memory of what he had with Catherine by getting him together with Laura. I LIKED Laura, don't get me wrong, but her and Frank? Nooooooooooooooo :no:

Guest fledgling666

lance henriksen

burt reynolds as an old cop buddy, cross between bletch and geibelhouse

jim cary as a dark and gloomy character, maybe a serial killer, maybe a mafia type, maybe a member of some other dark, apocalyptic group of some sort

not really, but it might be neat.

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

If they were going to do a movie then they should cut loose and do it properly. It needs to have proper closure - what happened to the MLM Group, how is Legion finally defeated (is he defeated, can he be defeated), what happens to Jordan? A definitive end is needed but we must accept that most will not know what has come before and must be prepared for that. Movies have big budgets and big expectations, a certain amount of action is needed, it could never be as classy as the series.

Ideally I would like to see the following:

The film opens in darkness. A voice is heard from a dark figure pacing around. Something along the lines of: Humanity has always wondered why? Why do we exist, do we live just to die? Is there a God, is there a heaven, is there a hell? Do Good and Evil really exist? If there is a God, why does he allow all the horror we see (vague, grey images of modern evil such as terrorist acts etc). We all ask these questions. Not all of us ask them often enough. One man did. This is his story, the story of a good man (image of frank stabbing the PS), a man who cared for others (sound of Catherine berating Frank for shutting his family out of his life), a family man whose family meant everything to him (Catherine turning around smiling as the picture turns red with Frank's voice 'They murdered her', a man who said Goodbye to all that (shot of Frank at the end of the 'The time is Now, looking beaten and helpless). The story of Frank Black. Figure walks off into the distance.

The film would ideally focus on what Frank is up to now, his relationship with Jordan etc. He receives phone hang-ups, is paged with the 2000, finds evidence that Jordan's condition is advancing and she isn't telling him. Possibiltiy she will have to be checked into mental hospital which causes Frank much distress. Possible flashes of his old life (in the series). Glimpses of man who could be Legion talking to Jordan in various sections.

Receives an envelope. Letter from Peter Watt's family. Watts now in mental hospital himself. Rants about the end of the world, how they were wrong and have doomed the world. Won't talk to his family and asks for Frank constantly. Frank has refused until now but he goes at pleading of Taylor etc. Watts speak of old times in Group and offers to help Frank with his current problems. Gather friends, Gibelhaus, means, others that can be found that survived MLM Group's failure), discuss problem of Legion.

Group is reformed with single purpose; foil Legion's attempt to corrupt Jordan. One last hurrah by the Group to atone for its many sins. Still vague on this (as I am on most of it, still working through), but film would ideally end with Jordan saved. Frank faces uncertain fate, could have ascended to be like Samiel but would be unlike MLM if that was clear. Jordan becomes new Old Man of MLM Group.

Something like that would do me fine. Anyone else got any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chrismurf

i would like to see ricky jervais play a part as comedy side kick psychologist someone whos a bit eccentric i think he would be great. for those who dont know ricky gervais his a comedian who was in a programme called the office hes a short stubby bloke. i dont know if its big in america. also bruce campbell would be great and christopher lee