Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walkabout

dark-sky movement

There was something I read this last Summer written by a woman who had raised her kids in the city. I think she said her daughter was about 7 at the time they had a massive power outage and there were no lights on in their area. She'd never realized that her kids had only ever seen stars on TV and in movies. The little girl pointed up at the night sky and exclaimed, "It's true, mommy! The world is real!"

And man keeps building more buildings and destroying more wildlife. The industrial revolution is the worst thing that could have happened to mankind, yet inevitable at the same time. There's nothing more beautiful then being up in the mountains or out in the middle of the sea and looking up at the stars.

The article should not have worded it "light pollution," it should have been "light AND pollution."

that's scarey ! I feel sorry for those who miss out on the wonders of the 'real world' :pumpkin4:

Me too Randee, it is a sad thing because the 'real world' is absolutely spectacular and breathtakingly beautiful. :notworthy:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.