Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Old Man

Lost Boys actor Corey Haim dies aged 38

What a shame...

Lost Boys actor Corey Haim dies aged 38

The Lost Boys actor Corey Haim has died aged 38, the Los Angeles coroner's office has confirmed.

_47449325_haim1987_ap.jpg

A spokeswoman said he passed away in the early hours of Wednesday morning at Providence St Joseph Medical Centre.

A post-mortem will determine the cause of death and no other details have been released as yet.

The Canadian-born star's first role was in the 1984 hit Firstborn. In recent years, he appeared in reality TV show The Two Coreys.

The series, which also starred Haim's friend Corey Feldman, was cancelled in 2008 after two series.

The pair, who both have battled drug problems in the past, starred in the 1988 movie License to Drive together and became well known for their on and off screen partnership.

In recent years, Haim had spoken to press about his battle with addiction.

After Firstborn, Haim landed a role in the 1985 TV movie A Time to Live and also appeared in several episodes of the TV show Roomies.

He went on to become a teen heartthrob after starring in the 1986 film Lucas, alongside Charlie Sheen and Winona Ryder.

Haim starred alongside Kiefer Sutherland in The Lost Boys, about a group of friends who do battle with a band of teenage vampires.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8560246.stm

So sad, and so young. My son Robert was only 39. My heart and prayers go out to the entire family, and especially his parents, from someone who understands the heart-wrenching pain they are experiencing right now.

Um i think he died a couple years ago or last year. Im sure of it. where did you see this Graham?

Laura

Wow - what a foul up. I saw this on the BBC website like it had just been announced, I didn't notice the date. I remember thinking that Feldman must have died in 2010 followed by Haim.

I wonder why the BBC messed up? Weird.Looking at the page again, it says its the 7th most read story now.

Corey Feldman isn't dead, I'm pretty sure of it.

Mikal, that's harsh.

Corey Haim's last performance was in Crank 2: High Voltage.

It was also around the time Brittany Murphy died, actually closer to Michael Jackson's death...a lot of these overdose of prescribed drugs (when they have many doctors prescribing them). Just sad, something that could have been prevented.

I had wondered the same thing about why Corey Haim's death was being brought up again after nearly a year. Seems that the SAG Awards left him out of their "in memorium" tribute, and Corey Feldman complained about it in the press. For some reason, this caused some news outlets to report Haim's death like it had just happened. Very weird.

Thanks for that clarification, teedub. I googled with the info you supplied and got this:

http://www.hollywood...-omitting-94701

Mikal's comment was perhaps rather harsh, but the context of drugs can make situations difficult. Some drugs can have such a corrosive effect on the mind that users can behave in ways that are abusive but they don't even realise that. I hang out in another forum where occasionally a woman posts concerns about her partner's behaviour because he's smoking weed. Back in the days of Woodstock, weed just made people mellow; these days, because it's more refined and therefore more powerful, it can make people violent. If people are in a social environment where drugs are not only easily obtained but are seen to be part of the scene, there starts the slippery slope.

If people are in a social environment where drugs are not only easily obtained but are seen to be part of the scene, there starts the slippery slope.

That's the biggest problem with these kid stars. They live in that kind of environment, that says drugs and bad behavior is ok. They have the money to easily obtain the drugs. And if they are a big enough star, no one will try to stop them. I have often wished it was illegal for kids to be actors. Movies and TV could just do what soap operas did for years: A baby is born, disappears for a few months, then comes back on the show as a college-age teen. :laugh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.