Stargate Universe returns

model217

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tuned in and I'm glad the show is back. I hope the Monday time slot means better ratings and make SyFy regret cancelling SGU.

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

It's back???? Fantastic! ! ! When, how, etc??? Are you saying it will be aired on Mondays? The Event is on Mondays too.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Looking forward to this coming back as well, it was getting really good. :thumbsup:

I hope they change their minds too, I read earlier that that they won't move it to another network. Shame.

Darlene, The Event returns in the UK next week as well. :notworthy:

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Graham, Monday's episode of The Event was so good. I look forward to next week. Also next week is the season final episode of V. It's been real good too.

I don't understand why they won't move SGU to another network to stay on the air. Am I missing something here?

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

It's back???? Fantastic! ! ! When, how, etc??? Are you saying it will be aired on Mondays? The Event is on Mondays too.

Castle is on at 10pm also so I all most didn't tune in to SGU but Castle is in reruns. And am I glad I didn't miss SGU. I had forgotten what was going on,and wow,what a great episode.

season 2 ends on a big cliffhanger and they're waiting on word whether MGM will fund a couple of STARGATE UNIVERSE movies for DVD.

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

I sure hope a movie is made so we have closure. There have been so many really good shows end way too and leave the viewers hanging and wanting more. Millennium and Harsh Realm for starters, and the list goes on. What I don't understand is why SyFy hasn't picked it up, after all, it is a SciFi show. The programming has gotten so bad that I rarely ever watch their channel anymore.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 1 month later...

Plans for a Stargate Universe movie have been shelved. I doubt it will ever be made, because the ratings have been pretty bad. Many fans of the previous Stargate shows have rejected SGU because of how radically different it is, but that's why I like it. I was delighted to see a space-based series take things in a darker, more serialized and character-driven direction. Alas, that type of show has always been a hard sell. Combine SGU's commercial failure with Caprica's and SyFy is only going to play it even safer with their future programming.

I so agree, SGU is different and I loved the concept of being stranded on a ship traveling the universe. And, using the stones really made it interesting.

SyFy i the US isn't much of a scifi channel anymore, not when they air wrestling, which is titled, "WWE Friday Night Smackdown." This past week they've aired Sanctuary, SG: 1, and SGU reruns (one night a week), and also Marcel's Quantum Kitchen, Destination Truth, Ghost Hunters, Fact or Faked: Paranormal, Ways To Die, MANswers, Shark, and thank goodness some movies, but not all of them are scifi. Very pitiful programming to me. What does WWE Friday Night Smackdown have to do with scifi? Anyone know what Marcel's Quantum Kitchen is? :confused:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)