How Do You Watch Millennium?

Rate this topic

Guest Forza

....ah, f*** it:

- 47-inch Samsung HDTV-(rear projection for best blacks, none of that plasma sh*t!)

-Sony DD/DTS/DPLII/NEO-sound processing, this puppy will turn any 2-channel stereo source or higher into VERY convincing 6.1 surround sound. it's a dream with MM!

-JBL-Front-Tower speakers, 200W w/ 2 4-inch tweeters and bass re-routing handling capabilities.--(these puppies are 1998 models and i've yet to hear anything better in thier price range,)

-Polk center channel speaker, 210W bi-directional.-(ironically more tonally matched to the JBL's than any JBL center speaker i've tested!...??)

-JBL-mini, but heavy suckers, surround speakers, 110W. nothing fancy but more than adequate!

-a second, but EL-CHEAPO-model Polk-center spekaer for placement between the rear surrounds. -(it's rearely activated during MM though)

-a JBL 250W subwoofer, great in it's day but now VERY close to being a dead piece of equipment.........-  :crying_big:

-i also have a dvd recorder but i watch my dvd's, because of it's 3:2 pulldown-(pretty much the same as 2:3 pulldown)-capabilities in progressive scan mode i use a SONY-5-DISC- CHANGER with PROG-SCAN, DVD-A-(big whup!-lol)- and some of the most impressive PROG-SCAN images i've coe across for a sub $250-model.

...since S1 is not anamorphic we watch them using a stretch mode called "PANORAMIC" . -(I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE LIKELY THINKING AS I NORMALLY DETEST STRETCH MODES AS WELL BUT ON THIS SET IT'S DONE IN SUCH A FLAWLESS WAY: ONLY THE VERY FAR EDGES ARE STRETCHED LEAVING ABOUT 85% OF THE IMAGE, WELL, PERFECT.)

~se7en :ouro:

POST 1919: MY DEAR GRANPA, OR GRAMPS, WAS BORN ON APRIL, 3- 1919 AND IS CURRENTLY 85 YEARS OLD. HUGE INFLUENCE ON MY LIFE IN MANY WAYS. INSTILLED IN ME MY LOVE OF THE OUTDOORS AND HISTORY. A GREAT, GREAT MAN.

scince I am the wife of se7en an I know nothing of what you all are talking about :rofl: I guess I will agree with him :rofl: With all the remotes we have I am lucky I can figure out HOW to turn on the TV :angry::p

I have an ordinary tv [zenith PIP] ordinary sound [ my main woofer is my dog and since hes 100lbs he woofs pretty good] and the tweeters are only sparrows but since the first tv I remember had a screen about the size of my computer monitor and sounded like a tea kettle [hissing and whistling] I'm content just to look at Frank and smile :tasty: :grin2: :p:kissypoo:

of course a generous supply of snacks goes without saying !!!! and thats how I watch MillenniuM :tongue:

LOL!

Welcome back, &One!  We've missed you!  :hug03:

The Old Man Posted on Oct 9 2004, 11:20 AM

Me too! Missed you loads! 

I must say I miss you all too :hug03: It is just work has been brutal since just after Labor Day. From then until Super Bowl Sunday seems to be when everyone REALLY likes cheese :tasty: :grin2: . So I have been working 6 days a week. So that doesn't leave much time for anything else :snore: but I will be trying to make more of and effort to get hear more often. :tongue: