I am so happy that this is still here

Rate this topic

Guest chagrin

Guest chagrin

I joined in 2005 I think but haven't been back in quite a while. I just don't have the time but I still watch the show on my DVD sets and I am still deeply moved by every aspect of the show as I was in 1996 when I first began watching. Just recently I bought the Mark Snow CD, soundtrack - it's so deep I can't really listen to it in full, lol.

As I sit here on a nightly basis or weekend and suffer through the garbage on Television I still wonder why the show was cancelled sometimes but then I realize - it was too good, it was ahead of it's time and way too deep for the masses to grab on to. In my opinion there has not been a comparable work written since.

I'm so glad you keep it alive here, I'm thankful to be able to come back here and post. Oh I'd like to say that after all this time, my favorite episode is still Midnight of the Century (at least I think that's what I posted before but cannot remember, I changed my login name) but The Sound of Snow is a very close 2nd.

Anyway, thanks for the space to post and keep up the good work!

• Elders (Moderators)

Welcome back, Chagrin!

I also agree that MM was more challenging than most shows for a large proportion of the TV-watching audience. These days I watch very little drama on TV, but even for shows like House or Bones, which have some basis in science, I accept that those products sustain their ratings because many people like the relationship aspects. I mostly watch documentaries, but even some of those seem to be "Hollywoodised" for entertainment purposes. I think MM raised some disturbing questions that are still worth exploring; but I do appreciate that very many people want to come home at the end of a hard day and only want TV to provide entertainment that they can enjoy and then forget about.

I wonder if the world has changed too much in the intervening years for there ever to be another show like MM.

Guest Sanitarium

Hey guys! I'd just like to say thanks as well. I just got an email from this board and I haven't been here in ages. The email mentioned that I registered 6 years ago! Wow! Time flies, eh? To be honest I had forgotten about this place, but I do remember it being a great community with some really cool, friendly people . I can't remember the last time I watched Millennium, it's been a few years at the least since I sat down and watched the show. A lot has happened since then and I guess life has other priorities and we need to move on sometimes. But hey, I'm still a fan of the show and still have all 3 seasons on DVD, maybe it's time to dust them off and watch Frank catch some bad guys again. Cheers!

I think Millennium was definitely ahead of its time. Particularly Season 1 presages the rise of the forensic criminal procedurals that now get mega-ratings! It is definitely a show that makes you think, and doesn't mind dropping dark, scary and unrefined bits of reality at the viewer.