Old FOX Millennium forum -- archives still avail.?

Rate this topic

Guest hollowman

Guest hollowman

Hi folks...I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.

Way back when this series was being orig. broadcast some of you may remember FOX had an official message board, on the FOX network site. That board/forum and its content seems to have disappeared (even from archive.org ??). Dunno when exactly the forum disappeared but I'm trying to find archives if they exist -- anyone know where they might be?

Thx!

:hiya: Hollowman, yes, jump in and post, there's plenty of topics to pick from, and I love that you started with your own. :clapping:

I have a zipped folder of the old website but unable to open it because I no longer have the program to open it with (.rar). It's too big to upload here, so maybe I can email it to you. Send me a PM with your info. I would love to see it myself. :ouroborous:

• Elders (Moderators)

Welcome, hollowman!

I don't recall the Fox official board for Millennium. Before I discovered TIWWA, the only discussion area I read was alt.tv.millennium which is available via Google Groups, if you have the patience to wade through the fairly clunky interface, and wouldn't mind the extremely partisan views of some people who regularly posted there (it did get nasty at times, because it wasn't moderated).

The official board for X-Files is still running. Some time after the show ended the official board was closed down, but Fox reinstated it after being deluged by complaints from fans; but I believe they had already deleted all the messages by then and couldn't get them back. I would think the same fate occurred to the messages on the Millennium board. It's a pity that those contemparaneous discussions could have been lost forever, because it would be fascinating to read reasoned discussions. Incidentally, that's one of the reasons why we like new members here who are new to Millennium itself or new to MM discussions, whether they resurrect old threads or start new threads of their own with their insights and comments. Millennium is still going strong - it's currently being shown on UK TV.

But, do you have a copy of the official Millennium website? A number of us here do, and if you don't already have that one of us could send that to you. There are no fan contributions - just the official Fox content.

• Elders (Moderators)

Cross-posted with Earthnut! I must type faster! :biggrin:

Earthnut: There are a number of programs that will handle .rar files. The one I use is WinRAR and if you have a Windows PC (rather than a Mac) you can download it from: https://download.cnet...4-10007677.html. "cnet.com" is a reputable site for downloads.

It's interesting to look at a website that was designed in the last century - it looks so very basic in comparison with current websites.

Actually Libby, just got the program today from my computer tech. He's installing it on the Vista that is in the shop and put it on my thumb drive to install on this XP. :clapping:

Hollowman, I definitely would get the files from someone else besides me, someone who would be more knowledgable. I know just enough to make me dangerous. :devil: