Sign in to follow this  
Earthnut

Rev. David Wilkerson Killed in TX Car Crash

Rev. David Wilkerson, founding pastor of Times Square Church in New York City and author of the well-known book The Cross and the Switchblade, was killed Wednesday in a head-on collision in Texas. He was 79.

Wilkerson's wife, Gwen, was also involved in the crash. She is in fair condition and expected to recover

Link to the rest of the article:

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2011/April/Rev-David-Wilkerson-Killed-in-TX-Car-Crash/

After Billy Graham, David Wilkerson was the most famous minister I knew of as a kid. I had a comic book based on The Cross and the Switchblade that I read over and over back in the 70s.

I used to get his news letter. He had a way of putting things in perspective.R.I.P.

I remember many years ago watching the movie version of the book starring a very young Erik Estrada.

:rock2:

Dave W. was a quality individual in an age when many genuine religious leaders lose their way (or focus) admist success. He remained authentic and 'in-touch' with faith.:sad:

Yes Chip, I agree, David Wilkerson. never lost his focus. He always cared more about the people and helping them then anything else. He truly was a man dedicated to serving God and never bowed down to the dictates of religious systems and traditions, or greed for material things. As Princess Diana was the people's princess, David Wilkerson was the people's pastor.