Countdown To Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Earthnut

Randee "Walkabout" In Hospital

Just a note to let you know that Randee is in the hospital and will be having tests done tomorrow, Monday. Please keep her in your heart and prayers.

For you dear sister and friend, love you.

post-3933-0-15669900-1304303193_thumb.jppost-3933-0-51326300-1304303203_thumb.gi

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about this.. Get better soon, dear friend!

• Like 1

I hope that Randee will be looked after well in hospital and will be back home very soon.

• Like 1

Hope all the test results came back O.K. Get well soon please.

• Like 1

Randee called me today and said that she is scheduled for surgery at 2 PM Central. The Rock like object is between her stomach and intestines, and surgery is the only way to remove it.

She has no idea how long she will be in the hospital.

She is keeping her great sense of humor, and as we all know, that's a good thing.

• Like 1

The speed of scheduling this surgery seems a bit worrying, but often even benign things can get in the way of digestion which will have an effect on nutrition and also cause pain. I hope they'll be able to do it laparoscopically, as recovery time is much quicker. But even benign things can get stuck to the gut and that could mean that open surgery is more efficient.

I hope all goes well. Thanks for keeping us updated, Earthnut.

• Like 1

Best wishes to you, Randee, for a speedy and complete recovery. May you feel surrounded in the warmth of love from your friends and family. We all wish you well.

• Like 1

I just got off the phone with Scott, Randee's brother, and as I write this Randee is in therapy. She is doing okay, but in a lot of serious pain that comes in waves. Scott said they found a gall stone the size of a ping pong ball. T my friends is a gigantic gall stone. Her 3 hour surgery began late since the hospital was so busy, so that's why she was still in recovery when I called at 9 PM Central. I believed that she was okay, otherwise her brother would have called me.

Randee will be in the hospital for awhile needing therapy and at this time it is unknown how long. Thank God here was no sign of anything else wrong with her, for example cancer, but they are concerned about the stroke side of her body holding up. Guess that's why they are keeping her there until they are sure it is safe for her to go home.

As soon as I hear something I will let you all know. Thank you for all of your love, caring hearts, and prayers. I know she appreciates it with all her heart, and what a loving and caring heart it is. :wub:

• Like 1

I'm really quite shocked. Although I had hoped it would be something like gallstones, I would never have thought it could be a gallstone as large as that. In the hospital I used to work in, gall bladder removal occurred quite frequently, but usually what they found was not much larger than bits of grit, or stones the size of a pea at the most. Poor Randee, she must have been feeling quite unwell for a long time.

Thanks for the updates, Earthnut. You are a lovely, caring friend.

• Like 1

My thoughts are with Randee too, let's hope they look after her and take good care of our friend Walkabout. :suspect: