The Notorious Seven and The Wonder Cabinet

Rate this topic

Wasn't too fond of The Notorious Seven, but it was nice to see some of the older actors in it like Ben Gazzara.

I think The Wonder Cabinet might have made a very interesting and informative series. I don't think it would go over big now with all the detectives, cops, csi's, profilers, etc., that's on TV. We're somewhat bombarded with them here in the US. I like the original few, and pretty much could care less about any new show. I also get burned out with all the personal drama. Geez, I have enough of that in my own life. I am however enjoying the remake of Hawaii 5-O. Wonder if it could have anything to do with the lead actor, Alex O'Loughlin. Walking Dead (based on comic book series) and Falling Skies (Steven Spielberg production) are two others that I am enjoying, but I am burned out with cops, CSI's, and dectectives. The Wonder Cabinet brings a different twist to the investigations and could work. Who know anymore what will work. Pickin's are slim.

Guest Laurent.

I'm pretty much just lurkin' around these days, but I wanted to say that I agree with Earthnut's post.

The Notorious Seven did nothing for me; only watched it for about 15 minutes though. The Wonder Cabinet looks like a lighter version of The X-Files. I can't remember when it was filmed, but it seems even more amateur than the first season of The X-Files. Not sure how it could have competed with TXF at the top of its popularity.

Morgan and Wrong seem to do some better work when they are paired with a producer who has more vision in terms of atmosphere, scope and characters... like Chris Carter.

I'm pretty much just lurkin' around these days, but I wanted to say that I agree with Earthnut's post.

The Notorious Seven did nothing for me; only watched it for about 15 minutes though. The Wonder Cabinet looks like a lighter version of The X-Files. I can't remember when it was filmed, but it seems even more amateur than the first season of The X-Files. Not sure how it could have competed with TXF at the top of its popularity.

Morgan and Wrong seem to do some better work when they are paired with a producer who has more vision in terms of atmosphere, scope and characters... like Chris Carter.

Wow Laurent, nice to see you here again. Yee ha. Come back soon.

Excellent insight, and I agree, Morgan and Wong do seem to do better with a creative producer, and, The Wonder Cabinet reminded me of a combination of present day shows, House, Warehouse 13, and any criminal investigation or profiling, and maybe a few others that I missed. I do agree, it would have made a good X-File episode.

well I got through 1/2 of N7...so it's kinda a long set-up for the series, I'm actually liking the homage M&W were making here....I like the comic book page shots at the end of scenes :)

Won't be able to see the rest or TWC until next week, as I'll be camping on the beach this weekend despite havign so much stuff going on, but also a lot of waiting and a lotta nothing over the weekend too, so might as well make the escape! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I received a request over Twitter to re-upload these pilots. New links:

The Notorious 7: https://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/S5POV5VY/thenotoriouseven.avi_links

The Wonder Cabinet: https://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/DS9QGJUO/wondercabinet.avi_links

These links will give you the option to download from multiple file hosting sites.