Countdown To Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Raven Wolf

Who's on Facebook here?

I know that some people here have to be on Facebook, too. I'd love to ad you, but the site makes it tricky. You have to ad people via their email address, if I understand it correctly. So far, I've only got a few friends on there. Tim (Profrock from here at TIWWA, Chris, and one or two others I managed to ad with my yahoo email account. If anyone here is on there, please let me know how to find you, or look for me! Please?:confused:

Technically I don't have a clue how to go about adding anyone unless I'm on FB and add them as a friend. Not sure what to give you. I am on FB, but not often since I'm not a big fan and honestly don't have the time. I see Josef, Vivi, Anthony, and a couple others there, but can't remember who they are without going there. I just hope everyone doesn't eventually spend all of their time at FB and then we see less and less of them here. Don't mean to be grumpy, just miss people when they aren't here. I prefer this community. :wub:

• Like 1

I have to say that there was obviously some point in the recent past when modern technology managed to completely go over my head. And I go way back to when the internet was mostly text-based and dial-up and an element of geekiness was needed to do any kind of online communication.

I do have a Facebook account which I rarely use; in fact, every time I go to log in I have to find the piece of paper where I've written down my Facebook login and password. :fool:

That's one reason why Facebook wouldn't work for me as a means of keeping in contact. The other reason is that of my few "friends" are my daughter and son-in-law. My son-in-law is a writer as are most of his friends, mostly connected via a sci-fi franchise a number of them have written books and things for. I think a number of them have a very open policy on who can read their wall.

But for me, that's a completely different world, and I really am not sure how my world/friends here would connect with their world/friends over there (which I think is mostly what you'd see if I "friended" anyone here on Facebook). There could well be some setting or other that would allow me to keep things separate, but darned if I know.

I guess that from the beginning of using the internet with a particular software+ISP setup, I've always had the facility of using different email addresses/screen names for signing up to different forums/internet shopping, etc., so there's always been an element of compartmentalisation. My MM interaction is here, which serves me well both for occasionally lengthy stuff I write or a quick response in the shoutbox. I'm not sure that having two distinct areas for keeping in touch would work for me.

But having said that (there's always a "but"), there have been a few occasions when TIWWA has gone off the air, and there doesn't seem a reliable alternative means of getting that info out to our regular members. I don't think Facebook would be helpful in that if most members don't have Facebook accounts or don't wish to share that, but I could set up an email mailing list to pass on that info to anyone who wanted to PM me with their details.

• Like 1

facebook.com/calixar

Thanks. If I did it right, I just added you.

Technically I don't have a clue how to go about adding anyone unless I'm on FB and add them as a friend. Not sure what to give you. I am on FB, but not often since I'm not a big fan and honestly don't have the time. I see Josef, Vivi, Anthony, and a couple others there, but can't remember who they are without going there. I just hope everyone doesn't eventually spend all of their time at FB and then we see less and less of them here. Don't mean to be grumpy, just miss people when they aren't here. I prefer this community. :wub:

I understand. I'm mainly asking for the reason Libby states below.....

But having said that (there's always a "but"), there have been a few occasions when TIWWA has gone off the air, and there doesn't seem a reliable alternative means of getting that info out to our regular members. I don't think Facebook would be helpful in that if most members don't have Facebook accounts or don't wish to share that, but I could set up an email mailing list to pass on that info to anyone who wanted to PM me with their details.

That's actually the main reason I was asking. I have a couple of friends online who are not members here (I KNOW...."Perish the thought!" :censored: ), and I thought it'd (#1 Be nice to have more than 3 people on my friends list, and #2 Have a place/network for times when TIWWA is down. I know Scott (Selfosophy Psycho) and I set up a Yahoo group for times like that years ago, but now he's all married and gone off to England and happy and sh*t... :tongue: ...... (By the way, Scott's one of the 3 people on my friends list that I actually KNOW. The others are like those drifters that just want to ad you, and so you do, and you end up either liking them, or trying frantically to find a way to block them, while desperatly going back through any correspondance to make sure you didn't give out any personal information....) Am I rambling??? :smokin:

Anyway........... Click Here. :rock2:

• Like 1

This does need more thinking about. My access to tiwwa today was mostly unsuccessful. In the past, I've hesitated to raise the issue with the people who host tiwwa unless I can be sure it's not solely a problem local to me. Absent an off-site alternative, I'm going to set up a mailing list here to contact a couple of people who won't mind me emailing them. That's a start, and for anyone else who wants to be included they can PM me their preferred email address which will be included as a BCC (so not visible to anyone else).

From what I understand, there was a Facebook connection and also a Twitter connection, but neither of them seems to be active.

Well, you can count me in to be on the mailing list. :grinning:

• Like 1

Ok, don't let your eyes be so sad, cause I just added you!

No more SadEyes, now HappyEyes. :oneeyedwinK

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.