I Was Naughty. I Skipped To Disk 4 :-)

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Well, I have to confess, I tried to go in the original episode order as they appeared in all their glory in season one, but I broke down and read the brief descriptions on the back of all the DVD cases and could not resist skipping ahead to disk 4. I did, however, stay on sequence through the first two disks and greatly enjoyed them both, but when I discovered that two of my all time favorites, "The Thin White Line" and "Covenant" were on disk 4, I couldn't resist. I watched the thin white line first and was not disappointed. This was one of my favorites, one that I had seen only twice, and was thoroughly enjoyable again after all these years. That is just as good as TV gets, and I really can't think of a show these days that hits the mark like Millennium still does with me. As good as this episode was, I think it was surpassed by Covenant, another one of my all time favorites. This episode kept me riveted all the way through and was simply a masterpiece. Once again, the acting, the selection of cast members and the writing were all perfect, and to me there was absolutely no predictability to the twists and turns of the plot as the story unfolds, and I really enjoyed the role of the falsely convicted father, an actor who I have seen in several episodes of NYPD Blue and X-files, two other shows that are in rare company in the upper echelon of TV entertainment. There are still many more standouts in season one, but I think I will go back to disk 3 and resume them in their original order again for a while, but who knows, I might succumb to temptation again and skip ahead to a favorite episode. What a treat to have season one at my fingertips to be viewed however and whenever I choose. :grin2:

.........the script-story for "Covenant" is based a on a true case with virtually identical circumstances, right down to the "knife-blade" test using the inked up ruler. The father, PatricK Finn or something like that, now co-stars in the excellent series "Cold Case" now about to enter it's second season as a top 15-show.

~there is a series that currently challenges me as MM does, stunned as i am to say! it's called "Carnivale" and will be heading into it's second season this january on HBO. Absolutely brilliant filmaking on that show, in every way!

~cheers,

se7en

***************************1922***********************************

This was post 1922: My late, Great, Grandmother, my father's mother, was born Oct. 23-1922. As long as she lived she was an integral part of my life, at times just as much a Mother as a Grandmother. Together with Gramps they provide me with some my most treasured childhood rural-country-memories. She's still a part of my soul and always will be.

Edited by se7en

~there is a series that currently challenges me as MM does, stunned as i am to say! it's called "Carnivale" and will be heading into it's second season this january on HBO. Absolutely brilliant filmaking on that show, in every way!

That is, if something happens at all, ever. Sorry, not big on Carnivale, though it doesn't suck.

If there's an HBO show worth watching, that's The Wire. A truly novelistic approach to tv, and the best thing I've seen since Homicide: Life on the Street.

.....the wire is a whole different ballgame. I'm saying a show that moves me the way MM did.

Carnivale is pure f***ing genius,IMHO. It's strange, or at least i find it strange, that you quote the brilliant The Wire as, rightfully, unfolding like a novel, all us Wire fans know that tagline by now, when Carnivale's style of storytelling and pacing is the exact same exquisite thing.

Like with the best of MM,S1 and 3, there is so much going on just beneath the surface that it gives me that old MM-like thrill. And thank god for it! For me there is more going on in any one carnivale ep than in 75% of all television. For me it's epic brilliance!

~se7en :ouro:

The father, PatricK Finn or something like that, now co-stars in the excellent series "Cold Case" now about to enter it's second season as a top 15-show.

***************************1922***********************************

This was post 1922: My late, Great, Grandmother, my father's mother, was born Oct. 23-1922.  As long as she lived she was an integral part of my life, at times just as much a Mother as a Grandmother. Together with Gramps they provide me with some my most treasured childhood rural-country-memories. She's still a part of my soul and always will be.

He also had a recurring roll on The X Files. :alien:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
He also had a recurring roll on The X Files.  :alien:

Yes, I really liked his role in X-files. There are a couple of people I have talked to who have also watched X-files, Millennium, and NYPD Blue extensively, as I have, and we really get a kick out of how much cross over there is in actors between these three shows in particular. I can think of a ton of examples, but Patrick Finn is an example of one actor who has been in all three. I don't remember it being the case much in Millennium, but it is interesting that in X-files and NYPD Blue, there are a lot of examples of actors who have played two completely different characters on different episodes of the same show. For example, if I am not mistaken, the guy who played Krycheck (sp?) on X-files also appeared in an earlier episode where he played a completely different character in the episode where there was an alien that changed from a woman to a man. He met the alien in a bar, was attacked, and was interviewed by Scully and Mulder in the hospital. In NYPD Blue, there have probably even more. Just off the top of my head, I can think of a detective (Connie) and a PAA (Deloris) who had bit parts and returned later with roles as regulars. I could go on forever, but that discussion would probably be better suited for another board.

.....you should see the staggering similar casting AND behind the scenes personnel between L&O and MM. AMAZING! ...and now, of course, Deadwood and MM.

Pat Finn is great in "Cold Cases". I'm glad he's got the hit show he so richly deserves.

~se7en :ouro: