New member intro...

Guest roofless

Guest roofless

Hello,

I'm a longtime fan of the show....I watched it on TV and it was the first boxed set I ever bought. I used to watch it several times a year but then I took a three-four year break and re-watched the whole series in the last 60 days. I thought maybe my tastes would change or the show would appear dated and corny....I was so wrong. It was all almost new again and I was blown away by how relevant and fresh Millennium still is. Thank you for the forum and the friendly environment to discuss the best series ever made.

Guest roofless

Thanks everyone for the friendly welcome!....:hiya:

Although the show is very deep and complicated...for me The Hand of St. Sebastian opened up so many mysterious and interesting possibilities. I got a few answers and about thirty more questions with that episode.

• Elders (Moderators)

Welcome to the board, roofless. (I hope your screen-name doesn't reflect the state of your house!)

It's always good for us "old-timers":oneeyedwinK when a new person joins, whether that's because they're new to Millennium or watched it from back then and have newly found somewhere to talk about it, because it's a fresh perspective. I think the mark of a good TV show (or book/movie/whatever) is that it gives answers that raises further questions.

Coincidentally, I've just watched the most recent "Dr Who Confidential", and there was a comment by Steven Moffat, who is the latest incarnation of Dr Who executive producers, on the big reveal of the show so far: "You have to have an answer that's as complicated as the question." I think that's what we get throughout the various incarnations of Millennium.

Guest roofless

"You have to have an answer that's as complicated as the question."

I'm convinced this is the best way to manipulate the thinking man or woman.....And I fall for it every time!

• 2 months later...