TNT's Falling Skies

model217

EARTH---->Looks like a good one to me too. I always enjoy anything with aliens. Thanks Model for the heads up.

Love it when Beer Belch posts.

NUT

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to find time to watch all the episode that have aired to date, and watched the new episode on TNT last night. I am sooooooooooooooo enjoying this show. I don't care what show it may remind someone of, it's refreshing to have a simple, down to Earth show, with man battling invading aliens and not all of the high tech, etc. stuff that most often takes away from reality. Definitely two thumbs up for this show.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

I didn't make a note of this show when model217 posted, but I've found it on the UK TV schedule (FX channel) and episode 2 is on tonight (repeated on Sunday).

But, to make sure I don't miss it, I've set the box to record it.

Here's a link for the UK version of the show's website: https://fxuk.com/show...ing-skies/about

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Here's the link to the US site where you can watch the episodes. It aires here on Sunday and the TV guide shows it repeats on Thursday and Saturday.

https://www.tnt.tv/series/fallingskies/

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest Blueboy

Boring with too much melodramatic nonsense. Yeah its renewed, and yeah, its boring. Fast forward through it online and save a half hour.

• Elders (Admins)

Here's the link to the US site where you can watch the episodes. It aires here on Sunday and the TV guide shows it repeats on Thursday and Saturday.

https://www.tnt.tv/series/fallingskies/

Thanks for the link, Earthnut. But I wasn't at all surprised that I couldn't access previous episodes. A lot of US sites aren't accessible outwith the US for commercial reasons.

Boring with too much melodramatic nonsense. Yeah its renewed, and yeah, its boring. Fast forward through it online and save a half hour.

Blueboy, I'm cynical enough to understand the commercial aspect of TV, and I do regret the time I spent watching Lost, but I'll give this one a chance, even though it's likely to go the same way as many other shows and eventually get booted off my watch list. But I'm looking forward to enjoying it for as long as it's worth watching.

I do wish that the US TV business could embrace the concept of a limited series, such that a project has a specific story to be told over a specific number of episodes. A never-ending story works for soaps, but never has done for science fiction.

• Like 1

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

[quote name='Libby' timestamp='1310501258' post='107770'

I do wish that the US TV business could embrace the concept of a limited series, such that a project has a specific story to be told over a specific number of episodes. A never-ending story works for soaps, but never has done for science fiction.

• Like 1

Guest Blueboy

Television shows exist for only one reason, and that's to sell you stuff you really don't need. As long as you're buying they will keep shilling, and when the profits fall off, the shows cancelled, replaced by the next show to sell you more stuff you don't need. I do agree, though, about a limited run with a core plot that makes sense. It won't happen. Lost lost it when it told us to ignore everything, its 'just the island'. Well, it was just crap that a lot of people watched, and yeah, bought stuff they didn't need that was shilled every 6 minutes. Or was it every 4 minutes? Got the Blueray/DVD yet? heh heh.