XFL Exclusive Report on LAX-Files Event

Rate this topic

Hello again,

I've been lax about updates here:

The X-Files Lexicon personally covered the Event May 7th at the AFI Campus in LA. This should interest Millennium fans as none other than Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan, and James Wong attended the event, along with actors Mitch Pileggi, and Jeff Gulka (Gibson Praise).

There's been delays, but we also conducted video interviews with Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan, Mitch Pileggi, Jeff Gulka, Jana Fain (Frank's former assistant) and Matt Hurwitz (co-author of The Complete X-Files).

There has been some audio issues due to crowd noise, but once the clips are ready they will be included on the site, to help launch our new feature, X-Files Lexicon TV, video updates on all things 1013 related.

Enjoy!

:grinning:

Guest thadarkside

Hello again,

I've been lax about updates here:

The X-Files Lexicon personally covered the Event May 7th at the AFI Campus in LA. This should interest Millennium fans as none other than Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan, and James Wong attended the event, along with actors Mitch Pileggi, and Jeff Gulka (Gibson Praise).

There's been delays, but we also conducted video interviews with Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan, Mitch Pileggi, Jeff Gulka, Jana Fain (Frank's former assistant) and Matt Hurwitz (co-author of The Complete X-Files).

There has been some audio issues due to crowd noise, but once the clips are ready they will be included on the site, to help launch our new feature, X-Files Lexicon TV, video updates on all things 1013 related.

Enjoy!

I think Xfilesnews.com was the official site covering the event...they ran the event if I am not mistaking...

• Elders (Moderators)

I think Xfilesnews.com was the official site covering the event...they ran the event if I am not mistaking...

I'm not sure what point you're trying make here. There were a lot of people involved in this event, from Erica Fraga to the American Cancer Society (in honour of Kim Manners). Those kinds of events work solely because of the fan involvement.

If you had wanted to bring this event to the attention of members here, you could have done that weeks ago.

Here at tiwwa, MattXFLexicon is our conduit to what's happening in XF fandom, and I thank him for that.

Hi Troy,

Well, yes, technically X-Files News was the 'official' press, but we were there, as well as X-Files Universe. Realistically, no fan site should have a monopoly on covering such major events, in a perfect world. We did have the blessing of Erica Fraga, the talent had no problem with interacting with us, it was a great day and everyone came away happy.

I believe Millennium fans should be thrilled to get such information, there's plenty of room for everyone. I just had to say.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Well, here is something special, we haven't released this yet to the masses, the set up on the main site hasn't been taken care of. You will be able to find all of the videos on one place with the site when ready.

Our exclusive video of the LAX-Files booksigning event, with interviews from Erica Fraga, Matt Hurwitz (author of The Complete X-Files), Jana Fain, and then...Glen Morgan, Jeff Gulka (Gibson Praise), Darin Morgan, and Mitch Pileggi!

Glen offers a brief comment about working on Millennium and visiting the X-Files set. My apologies for the audio problems with Darin Morgan, he was so soft spoken, and the crowds were simply so loud!

We had audio problems with all of them due to using a camera that wasn't suited to that situation, as well as other challenges which I won't go into here. I hope you enjoy it!

:bigsmile:

• Elders (Moderators)

That was fascinating, Matt. Thanks for posting it here.

I know that the glossy, perfect stuff is what some people want, but this was so like real-life for me as that's exactly what my experience would have been if I'd been there. I'd have to listen to it several times to filter out the background noise (which I've had to do in my previous job as a transcriptonist), but I liked that my first viewing enable me to multi-task on picking up some of the dialogue while also looking at the facial and expressive aspects of the interviewees (I'm possibly channelling Lara Means!).

For those who don't know: Jeff Gulka, who played Gibson Praise, was born with spina bifida. Which clearly has never stopped him from achieving his ambitions.

I might have missed it, but who was the interviewer? She did a great job in asking good questions, but then allowing the interviewees to say what they wanted to. She kept her focus on the interviewee (rather than glancing at the camera as many TV news people do), so she got some good responses because she was being respectful. Good work all round.

Hi Libby,

Thanks for your great compliments about it. She did identify herself, but the woman who conducted the interviews name is Chelsea, she regularly works on "The X-Files Truth" podcast, but she agreed to contribute for us when she can.

I had forgotten about Jeff's condition, that probably explains his height issues, no matter. Yes, Jeff was very pleasant, confident, and forthright, indeed he has accomplished a lot!