O.K. We all need a good dose of Millennium.

Rate this topic

On 11/14/2015, 8:22:44, seesthru said:

Everyone knew Catherine was Frank's touchstone.   If they knew Frank they knew Catherine was the one that kept him in balance.  If it werent' for Jordan needing him?  Frak would not have survived Catherine's death.

I liked the sound of snow too.  We all needed to have Frank have closure.

What I could never understand is this.  Catherine was an awesome wife and mother, and did keep Frank balanced, yet many fans hated her, for whatever reason.  Often here, as soon as I read something negative about her, I would fire back with something positive.  My profile states that she is my favorite character, and always will be.  In a way, she was more stable then Frank and would have made a good MLM group member, but thankfully she saw through all of their B S, their secrecy.

Totally agree, Jordan saved Frank, and Frank saved Jordan.

Don't get me wrong because I do like the character and she is an important part of Frank's character too. I think the show just did not give her enough to do. I forget the name of the episode at the moment, but there is an early episode where Catherine is at the Seattle Public Safety Building helping solve a case with either Geebs or Bletcher.. a situation that a social worker like Catherine would not be in.  they would put her into these situations sometimes it felt like they were grasping for things for the actress to do. She's one of the stars for the show, I think they should have let her character be more natural.. she's a social worker and we so rarely got to see her at work, like we did Frank. Lots of murders on the show, and lots of families torn apart. Frank catches the bad guys, and ideally Catherine should be healing the victims or victim's families or loved ones.

In season one there's Blood Relatives where Catherine helps Frank solve a case regarding a juvenile delinquent, and The Well-Worn Lock where she helps a woman being sexually abused by her father.  Then there Wide Open where she and Jordan help with a young girl whose parents were murdered and Bletcher pushes for the girl to be interviewed.  Then there's basically nothing until she's kidnapped.

It does seem like they were grasping, and her character may have been better received if she actually helped Frank solve more crimes as his partner, rather then keeping her boxed in her own professional world.  sometimes it appeared like she was butting into his, and maybe why some guys didn't like her.  Not one woman ever disliked her, just men.  She was even called a B..t..h, which to me was so unfair.  Hope those comments have been deleted.

Thank you for liking her Mabius, and agreeing how important her character was.

Catherine was great. But again, I like almost every character of the show. So...you know :P 

I missed her on the 3rd season. And to see her again in "the sound of snow" reminded me why. Like seesthru said: she was Frank´s stone.

Btw, Megan was fantastic with Lance.

frank-y-cath-pict.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/22/2015, 8:04:39, Frank Black Jr said:

here is another nice photo that I haven´t seen before. It was in Lance´s facebook :)

12240072_1101139576586476_5707406271205121958_n.jpg

Looks like Frank is doing his best Cher impersonation. "If I could turn back time..."

• Like 1