O.K. We all need a good dose of Millennium.

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, Frank Black Jr said:

yes, I have this conversation with other fans...haha...about Jose, the Kiss episode and the other with the demons dancing and talking drinking and eating donuts...not for me...totally unacceptable hahaha. We can discuss this if anyone think it may be interesting: The pros and the negative of those episodes :)

It might be a good thread to start, the comic pros and cons of each episode, especially the ones that are written to be comic.

22 hours ago, SmokeyPSD said:

Millennium is an exception in that most major cast and crew have come back to talk about it about years after the the fact. Even though Terry O'Quinn is one of the few not among them I won't hold that against him though. The amount that he's worked with 1013 and Chris Carter speaks for itself.

Yes, his work speaks volumes.  :notworthy:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Back in the day, 1013 shows were regarded as being challenging, because they were almost filming a mini-movie on schedule of only 8 days of main unit filming per episode. It was always a joke amongst X-Philes to spot the "recycled" actors. But, actors only got repeat performances because of their talent and their ability to cope with the pace. I think that Terry O'Quinn gets work partly because he's incredibly good, and partly because he's very reliable, both of which is what producers and directors need.

His IMDb page is very impressive. I've just noticed that he's in Hawaii Five-0, which I had noticed appearing on the listings of my Sky box. I've always skipped over that, but maybe next time I'll watch.

I agree that a new topic about the comedic MM episodes would be a good idea. Those episodes have always provoked different opinions, and it would be good to have a discussion. If no-one else (maybe you'd want to do this, FBJr ?) starts a new topic in the next couple of days, I'd be willing to do it.

A couple of my favorite Terry O' Quinn movies are ones that I think the members here might like- The Stepfather and The Stepfather 2 (skip the third, he's not even in it!). He plays a very very evil Stepfather. As I remember it, he was also in a Star Trek: The Next Generation episode that was very good as well.

rPkX0Hy.jpg

Terry O'Quinn is not listed in the main cast, but is in the re-occuring.  Here's the info. from Wiki ~

• Terry O'Quinn as Lieutenant Commander Joe White, USN (Ret.), Steve's mentor and friend of his father John. He was Steve's commander during BUD/S and also served with him in his Navy tours. He helps the task force on multiple occasions providing intel and using his contacts at the Navy. He was instrumental in Steve's rescue from the hands of Wo Fat in Season 2 from hostile territories of Korea. He later resigned from the Navy in the aftermath of the unsanctioned operation while shielding the involvement of the Seal Team 9 members who participated in the rescue mission (Though no such Team 9 has ever been in existence in real life but the SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team One (SDVT-1) is based in Hawaii as is the fictional Team 9). After retirement he traced down Shellburne (later revealed as Steve's mother) and also hid her from Steve's attempts to locate Shellburne initially but later took Steve to the safehouse where Shellburne was hiding nevertheless.

An image with the absolutely gorgeous (yum, yum) Alex O'Loughlin when Terry (Joe White) returns ~

4a47a0db6e60853dedfcfdf08a5ca249.png

On 12/1/2015, 5:34:39, Libby said:

I agree that a new topic about the comedic MM episodes would be a good idea. Those episodes have always provoked different opinions, and it would be good to have a discussion. If no-one else (maybe you'd want to do this, FBJr ?) starts a new topic in the next couple of days, I'd be willing to do it.

go for it Libby! Maybe it would be better if it starts with someone who actually liked them...honestly, I  reaaally don`t like them a bit :P

Hey Frank, you never know, once you start reading other people's comments, you might see these episodes from a different perspective and appreciate them more.  I'm not a big fan of them either, so it would be good for us both, and I for one would really enjoy reading what others have to say.

I liked them.  Not at first.  At first I was horrified.  I was EXPECTING dark and gloomy and frightening.  It didn't fit!  Then I realized those are release valves and aren't supposed to make sense, and the plot lines are bad on purpose.  It's like they are doing caricatures of  everything the show is about. Actually caricatures is what  they are.  The demons in teh donut shop are kind of pathetic, On purpose.  The  bad movie set and Kiss and all the  crap in 13 years later, on purpose.   Jose Chung, on purpose.  It's supposed to make you go What the heck??? It's also supposed to reset you.  So much dark, you need a reset. After the caricature episodes, the one after would  punch you in the gut.  It was planned. ONe odd duck episode per season.  I grew to appreciate them, because  it's the time you can laugh at Frank, or the other major players, and it's okay!

• 2 weeks later...

I still think they had nothing to do with the show. It doesn't matter if Larry David or Woody Allen come with a script for Millennium. It is simple not the nature of the show and that, has no point of return. If you create a show like Millennium, you just can´t show me a character like Frank for 1 year...a guy who was determined to be surrounded by complete darkness just to learn how he can protect his family, a guy who has the will to stand for what he believes is right, the depth of his fears which everybody can relate with, how he ends up losing his family, the horror of the human mind and society and then have a freaking demon dancing or demons eating donuts in a coffe shop. Am I watching a Simpsons Halloween episode? Or a character that makes fun of Frank. Wow, now I guess I must be watching a Seinfeld episode.

For me, that is the definition of bad writers. The basic of good writing is to understand the show and how the characters are. If U don´t follow that rule, you have nothing. So, all that they build all the credibility that Frank had, all that they sold me were lost in those episodes. You just can´t have "the hand of St Sebastian" one week and then do that Twister Sister episode with the goofy guy that censors shows and shots Mulder. What was that? Wth am I watching? All changes of the show, the spiritual episodes, conspiracies, etc...ok...fine: why? because Frank was the same, Catherine was the same, Watts was the same, etc...yes, there might be some little twists in the characters but the world, the scenario and its rules were the same.

To resume, because I can go on and be even more boring than this :P haha, do the following: watch "Jose Chung...", "some how the devil..." and the other with Kiss. Then, watch the "pilot" or (I don´t know) "The Thin White Line", "Luminary" (My God...Luminary) or one with the twist of the MG like "Skull and Bones" or "The Innocents"  for example. And then tell me if it is the same show. If those, episodes really are in the same world.

Anyway, here is something that I found special...Long story short: Lance´s facebook announced that there would be a new podcast with Lance...so everybody sent questions...I did it and of course, it was about the show. They publicated the interview recently and...they asked Lance my question :P  That´s is not really the point of me writing this. The point is Lance´s answer about Peter Watts. Here it is. The full podcast is still in Lance´s facebook. And it has some very funny moments. Enjoy! This is for U Earthnut! Welcome BACK!!

Lance MG.mp3