O.K. We all need a good dose of Millennium.

Rate this topic

OH the surgery healed. That was minor gallbladder removal. This is an attack of colitis, which was so bad they kept me in hospital for 4 days. When they boot you in less than 24 after surgery, but keep you for 4 days , I'd have to say I was pretty ill. They think food poisoning, I can't find a thing that I ate that did it. All I do know, is my guts are still feeling swollen and there is still some pain off and on.. It's been 2 weeks now? I should be over this! I am stepping up my activity level, I got out and walked. If I don't, then my back and body are going to be in such bad shape I"ll NEVER be up to speed! Walk was pleasant.

In hindsight, trying to make spinach dip and have it with tortilla chips probably didn't help my situation! LOL It was so awful I tossed it out anyway and had yogurt!

Hey can I convert the DVD's to memory stick? Never tried it, wondering if it's doable. Playlist even better, I could hit play and they'd keep going and my lazy self wouldn't have to get the mouse and click!

You can store most anything on a slash or thumb drive, no need to convert anything, and you can even play a videos from it. The trick is where are you going to use the drive and do you have a compatible player there? VLC is the best. I bought myself a Logitech small wireless keyboard, with a flat area where I use my finger in place of a mouse, so I can sit on the sofa and watch something on the computer without having to get up. Works great, but hard to read anything. Naturally, hat depends upon the size of the screen and the font.

I agree with Walkabout, you do have to start with baby steps and work your way up to chips and dip. You even have to be careful with yogurt because studies show some brands have way too much sugar in them, and not as healthy as people think. Plain yogurt with honey, fruit, even an all natural peanut butter is good, plus vanilla is okay, but definitely check the labels. When my stomach gets upset, I make Matzo Ball Soup. It comes in a mix, and you can get a mix for just the matzo ball by itself and use a different broth. Watching sodium count is important too along with the saturated fat and sugar. I prefer veg. broth myself, and it's healthier these days then chicken, etc. Sad to say that we can't even trust meat anymore at the stores. Finding seafood for example, that doesn't come from a nasty farm, is very hard. It's time I think to spend a little more money, even though I for one can't afford it, and shop a the health food store, and even there you have to read the labels. Eggs are a perfect food, especially brands like Egg Land's Best, all natural and cage free. Definitely take Probiotics if you aren't already.

https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/features/what-are-probiotics

Love and huggers all around.

I had a hamburger. It's getting better. I know I need to eat better and gentler foods. I never could handle too much of the chips and dip! I did get plain stacys pita chips. And saltines. I saw on TV that pineapple is a great anti-inflammatory. I might try a smoothie? I have cucumber, I'll remove the seeds, have that for it's cooling refreshing effect, ( and put a slice over each eye!) LOL! I also have a followup on the 12th. I'll see if my primary wants them to run more tests. My colonoscopy last year was fine... But they may want to redo a scan to see if the inflammation is going down etc..

• Elders (Moderators)

I agree with the probiotics and natural yogurt, and also checking the ingredients lists on processed foods. A lot of those that are labelled "healthy" or "low fat" often aren't very good for us, especially if they're stuffed full of sugars which all bacteria (good and bad) love.

I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm not so tolerant of milk as I used to be. A little while ago, I made a batch of sweetcorn soup; but it was made with milk. It tasted delicious, but I ended up with acid reflux each time I had some.

Libby, it still may not be the milk, if you used low fat. Saturated fat, and Trans fat are the two worst fats, all others are good for you and needed in your system. What were the ingredients in the sweetcorn soup? High spices, salt, sugar? I use only non-fat dry milk for cereal, cooking, etc., and but when I drink it, I put Instant Breakfast (Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate, including Dark) in it. By itself it's blah because there's no fat for taste, but still healthier.