O.K. We all need a good dose of Millennium.

Rate this topic

Guest PCMAN

Yes. I think I need Frank just dealing with Insurance companies. Being ill myself, re-watching the DVD's gives me something to enjoy and think about.

I hope you feel better as well

Seesthru, it's hard to quit cold turkey. Maybe it would be easier to back away instead. Sorry to hear of the headaches. I'm thinking you'r going through some kind of withdrawal. Hope you both get to feeling better soon.

• Elders (Moderators)

seesthru: It could be that you're getting more nicotine than usual, via the gum/patch/ecig - depending on their strengths, of course.

It also depends on how you smoked cigarettes; the number per day isn't always a good indication of how much nicotine per day you were getting. I've often found that I've lit a cigarette, had a puff, got interested in something I'm doing/reading/watching, then realised that half the cigarette is just dangling ash. I have tried various types of ecigs, but I don't get the "hit", but I can get a bit of a headache, probably because I'm trying to get the "hit" and ending up getting too much nicotine.

If you're using the 24-hour patch, you might end up with "strange" dreams, in which case switching to a 12-hour version could be helpful.

PCMAN: Just the mention of "insurance companies" makes me feel a bit twitchy. And I've not had to deal with ours for years (fingers crossed). There's a popular phrase here in the UK, taken from a British sitcom: "Computer says no". Often people can feel in dealing with any large, computerised, organisation that it's all about whether you tick the right boxes. It can be frustrating, if not downright dehumanising.

Anyway, hope you both feel better soon.

I have so much going on I don't know what causes which symptom! LOL Patch fell off me early today it was so hot out... I didn't do the gum today, was out and about all day. Doc appt, pharmacy, walking in the heat.... Lovely! Was dreaming of Someplace like Seattle! ;)

• Elders (Moderators)

You've clearly got the type of weather I can't cope with. Should we actually get a "European summer" here, it turns into weeks of humid, sticky, "heavy" weather. I much prefer the English version of a few days of clear skies and hot sun and lightning, then another good ol' Atlantic system rolls in and we get rain that clears the air. That's the kind of rinse and repeat weather that works for me.

I guess Seattle has much the same reputation in the US as Manchester in the UK - the place where it "always" rains?

Seattle has a rainy reputation. Mobile Alabama, near me, actually is the rainiest city in the US though. Here, in NW Fl, summers are very hot, very stick, and very long. Today the temperature is going to be around 100 degrees Fahrenheit with very high humidity. The heat index will probably be in the 120 plus range. It's july! I steel myself to ride it out until mid September, when we normally cool down a little tiny bit.