Chris Carter

Rate this topic

Hi there,

I don't know a lot about CC other than what is written on Wikipedia. But does he NOT want to make another show? Is he burned out? Or is it because the last two shows failed?

I definitely think TV land could use him right now.

Just wondering

Maybe he's on vacation. Yeah right. See, he should have brought Frank Black back. :whistling:

Actually, according to IMDb...

IMDb Chris Carter

...he's in post-production of a thriller called, "Fencewalker," and I noticed that he has casted D. B. Sweeney in it as a detective.

Looking forward to it. :clapping:

that's great news. Thanks for the info!

Maybe he's on vacation. Yeah right. See, he should have brought Frank Black back. :whistling:

Actually, according to IMDb...

IMDb Chris Carter

...he's in post-production of a thriller called, "Fencewalker," and I noticed that he has casted D. B. Sweeney in it as a detective.

Looking forward to it. :clapping:

I always wondered how long actors, producers, writers, etc, typically could go between jobs without running out of cash, but I guess that's up to the individual. I like the finished products, but I am also curious about the workings behind the scenes, which adds a whole different view to the work.

However, unless someone has the inside scoop on a particular person in the entertainment industry, we tend to only her about them through either the media filter, the success filter, or both.

:rock2:

CC has definitely made the money, but he can still lose it. To me it should always be about creating and entertaining, and this is coming from someone who is broke most of the time. LOL Sad but true. It's like he's working on all these projects out of boredom rather then creativity, but that's just my perspective. I don't know the man or much about him, but he has had a lot of flops with the networks, yet the fans love his work. I sure hope we get to see something new from him soon. :praying:

• Elders (Moderators)

I don't think he's had lots of flops - he's done better than the vast majority of writers.

He certainly made a great deal of money, at a time when the TV industry was doing very well. I don't think he had any intention to seek to create another show after XF ended. One thing he said at the Paley Festival in 2008, in the context of "life after the X-Files" was that "he found his wife again". And I think that she's "the key" (as opposed to all those other "keys" in XF :oneeyedwinK). At one time, during the later years of XF, they were almost living separate lives.

He said in an interview with the UK Telegraph newspaper that he took five years off after the end of XF to do other things: https://www.guardian....ctionandfantasy - and who wouldn't want to spend time climbing mountains, learning to fly, play the piano, the drums? OK, I'd give the mountain climbing a miss, I get vertigo standing on a chair!

I think his wife, Dori, was independently wealthy when they married. Her former husband was Frank Pierson, who has a long and distinguished history in Hollywood, but apparently was also involved in the past in buying a lot of real estate in the area. I understand that California is a state where all assets in a marriage are split 50/50 (or at least back then they were). Both Chris and Dori seem to be the kind of people who mostly like living the quiet life - I certainly got that impression from Dori's second book.

So I think they're both doing their own creative thing, but mostly on their terms - which given the economic state of network TV these days is probably a good thing.

• Like 1

I don't believe CC had flops, it's the networks that made it look that way. His shows are still popular to this day, like Millenmnium, Harsh Realm, and the list goes on. It was hard to top XF, but he did it with MLM. Yee ha.

With enough money you can do just about anything you want. Glad to hear he took time off. Oh how I would love to learn how to fly. Climbing some hills might be fun, but mountain climbing is out for me too.

So I think they're both doing their own creative thing, but mostly on their terms - which given the economic state of network TV these days is probably a good thing.

Yes, I totally agree.

• 2 weeks later...