This Week, on Millennium

Rate this topic

Guest I_am_Jess

I look forward to our discussion after watching Gehenna!

Raven Wolf: I totally agree with your opinions about current trends in 'crime drama' television. I can't stand watching it. The reason I love Millennium is partly because of the ability the show gave/gives me to suspend my disbelief. I felt it was a reality. The fear and emotions that Millennium was/is able to make me feel (through writing and acting) makes me believe in the plot and continuing story.

However, I don't watch recent shows that consider themselves in the same genre. I feel they are fake and tacky and in no way do I feel pulled into the story lines. Also, generally I feel that they are not written well and the acting is pitiful. (In my opinion) :smile:

There really are only an extreme small handful of shows that, to me, are worth my time to watch. I do love NCIS and Criminal Minds, and look forward to them every week. Most of the other crime and cop shows I could care less about. I am burned out with cop and detective shows.

Millennium was and and still is the most different and unique show ever, thanks to the fantastic actors and the awesome creative minds of the writers. :ouroborous: Forever ! ! !

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

"Gehenna"

O.K. I know I've probably already said a lot of this in my interview for this episode for Graham....but I thought Gehenna flowed wonderfully, following in the wake of the Pilot. The weird thing is....I actually read this before I ever saw it, which actually made seeing it even better! I had a deeper understanding of what was going on, since the novel gave some back-story. That's why I then went and read the novel for the Pilot, which explained some things I hadn't understood when I saw it for the first time. Like.... in the Pilot, I didn't realize at first that the guy that The Frenchman picked up, in the park, was gay, and that the park was a gay hang out.

Anyway.... Gehenna is just an excellent creep-factor show. It's almost Halloween spooky or something. Don't you think?

A seriously spooky episode. And take away any pretense that this is some run of the mill detective/criminal profiler show.I think the visions, if you will, that Frank has of Ricardo Clement throw that out the window.The references to a greater evil that Frank makes is one of the reasons that I was so hooked in the beginning. Another stand out of this episode is Mark Snow's score. The scene where Mike is searching the building, the bass drum brought such a tension you couldn't tear your eyes away if you tried.

• 2 weeks later...

Lost a week because of the hurricane. Last night I watched Dead Letters which is always a good episode,but really nothing jumped out this time to me as note worthy or different. I will say that Lance's facial expression when Jim Horn brought up 'why do you do it',showed such surprise and dismay no words were needed.

Going to try to watch The Judge early this week to get caught up.

Guest I_am_Jess

A moment that sticks with me from Dead Letters is when the killer is in the under car park and feigns being injured and asks for help from the nurse. It makes me so cranky!

I always want to help people who are in need and this just frightens me because it is just so wrong. I'd hate to think that people who are good individuals are not able to get help when they need it because of killers like him who scare people out of helping others.

It might only be a small part of the story but it is just a situation that does not sit well with me.

A moment that sticks with me from Dead Letters is when the killer is in the under car park and feigns being injured and asks for help from the nurse. It makes me so cranky!

I always want to help people who are in need and this just frightens me because it is just so wrong. I'd hate to think that people who are good individuals are not able to get help when they need it because of killers like him who scare people out of helping others.

It might only be a small part of the story but it is just a situation that does not sit well with me.

Instead of saying "Ditto" I quoted you. It needed to be said again. I totally agree 100%. thumbsup.gif