This Week, on Millennium

Yes, 3 cheers for the dog. Hip hip hooray ! ! !

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

It was Midnight of the Century last night, and I never get tired of it. Seems almost a shame to have to wait a whole year again. Maybe a little Christmas in July. After all we all need to get our heart strings pulled from time to time, and Frank and his father's reconciliation has that effect on me.

I agree, we can all use a dose of Midnight of the Century at any time of the year. It truly is one of the better episodes, and one we just enjoy watching over and over again. Reconciliation, I believe, is the main theme of the episode.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Agreed. That episode really "centers" Frank in the midst of his gift and its descent to both him and Jordan. It's a useful illustration of the angel motif and, yes, it reunites Frank and his family with his father. Enjoyed it very much; always do, always something new. I am going through the series, picking out episodes. A few nights ago I watched "Lamentations" from Season 1. I love the circularity of the opening and closing scenes. So well crafted. The loss of Bletch was such a blow, and the beginning of the end for the Frank-Catherine marriage and the yellow house as a home. Then I watched "The Beginning and the End", which introduces the themes of Season 2 so well; they are ushered in, almost as if Peter and the other group members carry them in with them when they sweep into the airport terminal. I love the discussion of the comet. And last night I watched "Beware of the Dog" so as to re-connect with the figure of the Old Man and group legend. Next I will watch "Luminary", and then the Season 2 two-part ending.

I didn't watch Luminary: I watched Owls and Roosters instead, and I was glad I did. Those two episodes are so at the heart of the series. There are some great moments. When Lara Means is seen weeping at the sight of the angel you KNOW things are going to get serious. But start to finish those two episodes unveil scene by scene the scope of the Group and the ideological split between the two factions. Glad I watched them.

• 2 weeks later...

This week on Millennium was Force Majeure. It took me a while to get back into the swing of things after the holidays (been reading a lot on my new Kindle) but with new episodes of other shows coming back on TV I find myself in front of the tube again. Force Majeure started things off in grand style for this new year's rewatch. I absolutly love this episode and of course one of the reasons is Brad Dourif. As a matter of fact I happened to catch David Lynch's 1984 Dune on TV and never reallized Mr Dourif was Piter. I'm sure I will watch another episode next week since it's The Thin White Line up next.

I could say "Ditto" to every word you wrote David. Force Majeure is also one of my favorites, and I too think Brad Dourif is awesome. He seems to pop up everywhere. Love it.

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 3 months later...

I recently came into possesion of a stack of Warhammer 40,000 books which have consumed most of my time. I did come home from work though and dropped in the DVD to pick up where I left off. This week was Sacrament. The thing I was most impressed with this time watching was the cinematography. Robert McLachlan left me with some stunning images.